|Date of birth||6 August 1966|
|Place of birth||Poole, England|
|1985–1986||→ Exeter City (loan)||1||(0)|
|1992–1993||Dagenham & Redbridge||25||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Kimble, along with his twin brother Alan, started his career as a trainee at Charlton Athletic where he made his league debut, going on to play nine times, scoring once. Both he and his brother then had brief loan spells with Exeter City before the pair of them joined Cambridge United on free transfers in July 1986.
Whilst brother Alan went on to spend seven years at The Abbey Stadium, Garry spent just over a year with the club, making 41 appearances, mainly from the left wing, and scoring twice. He was sold to Doncaster Rovers for £7,500 and went on to be a regular in their team, making 65 appearances with a solitary goal.
After a brief spell with Fulham he signed for Gillingham where he played 48 games, scoring once before moving to Peterborough United. It was while there that Kimble had his finest moment as he scored the winning goal for Posh in a 1–0 Football League Cup win over Liverpool in December 1991 to catapult him into the national sports headlines.
Kimble left Burnham and was appointed assistant manager of Isthmian League Premier Division club Aveley in May 2010, where his twin brother, Alan was appointed as manager. In April 2011 he became manager of Witham Town. On 28 February 2016, Witham Town decided to part company with Kimble after winning just two games out of their last 18 in the Isthmian League Division One North. Under Kimble's stewardship Witham Town enjoyed two promotion in three years to take the club from the Essex Senior League to the Isthmian Premier League.
- "Doncaster Rovers: Player profile". Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "K: Kellock was classy and scored some superb goals". Peterborough Today. 25 October 2008. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Caretaker team in charge". The Echo. 20 December 2004. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Kimble appointed at Aveley". Non-League News 24. 26 May 2010. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "Kimble named new Witham manager". Braintree & Witham Times. 6 April 2011. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "Kimble twins Alan and Garry face each other in Essex derby". BBC Sport. 7 October 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "Witham Town part company with manager Garry Kimble". Colchester Daily Gazette. 28 February 2016. Retrieved 28 February 2016.