Garston and Halewood (UK Parliament constituency)
|Garston and Halewood|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Garston and Halewood in Merseyside.
Location of Merseyside within England.
|Electorate||71,618 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||Maria Eagle (Labour)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Liverpool Garston, Knowsley South|
|European Parliament constituency||North West England|
The seat was created for the 2010 general election during the Boundary Commission for England's review of constituencies. The incumbent is the Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs in the Opposition.
The constituency covers most of the previous Liverpool Garston constituency (part of the city of Liverpool), together with the most southerly part of the borough of Knowsley (previously in the Knowsley South constituency).
The seat has electoral wards:
- Allerton and Hunts Cross; Belle Vale; Cressington; Speke-Garston; and Woolton in the City of Liverpool
- Halewood North; Halewood South; and Halewood West in the Metropolitan Borough of Knowsley
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: Garston and Halewood|
|Liberal Democrat||Anna Martin||2,279||4.7||-15.5|
|General Election 2010: Garston and Halewood|
|Liberal Democrat||Paula Keaveney||8,616||20.1||-9.9|
- * Served as an MP in the 2005–2010 Parliament
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "G" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- General Election Results from the Electoral Commission
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Garston & Halewood". BBC News. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.