Garth Davis is an Australian commercial, television, and film director, best known for directing episodes of the series Top of the Lake (2013), for which he received Emmy and BAFTA nominations. In 2008, he won a Gold Lion at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity and a D&AD Yellow Pencil for the Schweppes commercial "Burst" and in 2010 he received a finalist nomination in the Directors Guild of America Award for Best Commercials Director.
He directed The Weinstein Company film Lion, in his feature film directorial debut, which premiered to rave reviews at the Toronto International Film Festival. The film was nominated for six Oscars at the 89th Academy Awards, including Best Picture.
He lives in Australia with his three children and wife Nicola Lester.
|2000||P.I.N.S.||Cinematographer as well|
|2006||Love My Way||3 episodes|
|2013||Top of the Lake||8 episodes|
|2016||Lion||Nominated for Best Picture|
- Wiseman, Andreas (24 April 2013). "Garth Davis to direct See-Saw's Saroo Brierley biopic". Screen Daily. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- "Garth Davis - Director". exitfilms.com. Archived from the original on 30 March 2016. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- Fleming, Mike, Jr. (9 October 2013). "Warner Bros Taps Aussie Garth Davis To Helm Joel Edgerton In 'Shantaram'". Deadline. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- Jaafar, Ali (20 January 2016). "Universal Boards Mary Magdalene Movie From 'The King's Speech' Producers See-Saw Films; Garth Davis Directing". Deadline. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- Kroll, Justin (10 August 2020). "'Lion' Director Garth Davis To Direct Disney's New 'Tron' Movie With Jared Leto". Deadline. Retrieved 10 August 2020.