Garth Risk Hallberg
|Garth Risk Hallberg|
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
|Notable works||City on Fire (2015)|
He was born outside Baton Rouge, Louisiana and grew up in Greenville, North Carolina. He received a degree in English from Washington University in St. Louis in 2001 where he met Elise White, his future wife. She graduated from Washington University in 2000 with degrees in English and African-American studies. Both parents were teachers; his father was also a writer. They divorced when Hallberg was 13.
- A Field Guide to the North American Family (2007)
- City on Fire (2015)
- Brian Appleyard, "Manhattan Project", The Age, "Good Weekend", pp. 20-22
- Kakutani, Michiko (5 October 2015). "Review: 'City on Fire,' Garth Risk Hallberg's Novel of New York in the Bad Old Days". The New York Times. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- Doherty, Brian (5 October 2015). "The Unprecedented Garth Risk Hallberg". Vulture. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- Menand, Louis (12 October 2015). "Review of "City on Fire"". The New Yorker. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Articles by Garth Risk Hallberg at The Millions". The Millions. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
|This American novelist article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|