Garwood (NJT station)
Garwood Station platforms in August 2014.
|Location||Center Street between North and South Avenues, Garwood, New Jersey|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections|| NJT Bus: 59 and 113
Olympia Trails: Westfield Commuter Service
|Passengers (2012)||83 (average weekday)|
Garwood is a New Jersey Transit (NJT) railroad station on the Raritan Valley Line, in Garwood, New Jersey. There are two short, low platforms on each side, long enough for 2 cars only. Passengers using the inbound platform must cross over a siding track. Access to neighboring stations is available on the 59 or 113 bus to Newark and New York, traveling between Cranford and Westfield stations. This station is currently for limited service, including most local peak trains, and 3 weekend trains in each direction stop there.
Since June 2011, a ticket vending machine (TVM) is currently available on the inbound platform.
Garwood Station has been identified as the western terminus of the Union go bus expressway, a proposed bus rapid transit line utilizing the a portion of the abandoned Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ) right-of-way between it and Midtown Station, a transit hub combining the NJT station and the former CNJ station in Elizabeth. 
|■ Raritan Valley Line||toward High Bridge (Westfield)|
|■ Raritan Valley Line||toward Hoboken or New York (Cranford)|
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "Union County Go bus expressway" (PDF). NJ Transit Bus Service: The Next Generation. New Jersey Transit. April 26, 2020. Retrieved 2012-03-30. Check date values in:
- "Bollwage supports construction of new midtown train station by NJ Transit", Suburban News, March 16, 2012, retrieved 2012-02-01
- "Elizabeth Downtown Multi-Modal Integration Study". North Jersey Transportation Planning Organization. 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- NJT rail station information page for Garwood
- DepartureVision real time train information for Garwood
- Raritan Valley Line schedule
- world.nycsubway.org - NJT Raritan Line
- Center Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Garwood (NJT station).|
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|