|Member of the Minnesota Senate|
from the 16th district
Assumed office |
January 4, 2011
|Preceded by||Dennis Frederickson|
|Born||January 14, 1947|
|Political party||Republican Party of Minnesota|
|Residence||Redwood Falls, Minnesota|
|Alma mater||University of Minnesota|
|Occupation||car dealer, insurance agent, legislator|
Gary H. Dahms (born January 14, 1947) is a Minnesota politician and member of the Minnesota Senate. A member of the Republican Party of Minnesota, he represents District 16, which includes all or portions of Brown, Lac qui Parle, Lyon, Redwood, Renville, and Yellow Medicine counties in the southwestern part of the state.
Early life, education, and career
Dahms is the former owner of Riverside Motors and American Family Insurance Agency in Redwood Falls. He most recently served as a Redwood County Commissioner, and was also a board member of the Redwood County Soil and Water Conservation District, the Redwood County Agricultural Society, the Redwood Area Development Corporation, the Redwood County Economic Development Association, the Southwest Minnesota Regional Development Commission, the Minnesota Valley Rail Authority, and the Redwood–Renville Health Services Board.
In April 2015 Dahms voted against the Sunday liquor sales bill, which would have repealed the long-standing ban on Sunday liquor sales in Minnesota.
- "Legislator Record - Dahms, Gary H". Minnesota Legislators Past & Present. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Senator-elect Matt Schmit (DFL) District 21". Minnesota Senate. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Dahms for Senate Bio". Dahmsforsenate.com. Archived from the original on 2013-06-08. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Dahms wins in SD 16". Marshall Independent. November 7, 2012.
- "Dahms votes against popular Sunday liquor sales bill". Abby Simmons. April 16, 2015.