|Gary B. Denbo|
|Born: December 9, 1960|
Denbo attended Princeton Community High School in Princeton, Indiana, and Oakland City College in Oakland City, Indiana. He was drafted as an infielder by the Cincinnati Reds in the 17th round of the 1983 Major League Baseball draft. Denbo played in Minor League Baseball for four years.
After retiring as a player, Denbo became a minor league coach and manager. Denbo took his first coaching position in 1986 as a Player-coach for the Cincinnati Reds Double-A club in Vermont. He remained with the Reds organization through 1989.
In 1990, Denbo joined the Yankees organization. He served as a hitting coach and manager for minor league teams in the Yankees organization through 1996. In 1997, he took over as the hitting coordinator for the entire Yankees organization, and in 2000 was also the Assistant Minor League Director.
Denbo was a scout for the Cleveland Indians in 2002. He was a hitting coach for the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters of the Pacific League in Nippon Professional Baseball from 2003 through 2005. He rejoined the Yankees organization in 2006 as the organization's hitting coordinator.
In 2009, Denbo returned to the Yankees as a player development consultant, and continues in his current position in scouting and player development. While in a slump during the 2011 season, Derek Jeter worked on his swing with Denbo, which Jeter attributed to his improvement later in the season.
In 2018, Dendo attended a game of the Marlins’ Single-A affiliate, the Greensboro Grasshoppers, a team that has been using dogs as a Bat Boy (baseball) since 2006, and demanded that dogs be removed from the clubhouse.  The Grasshoppers did not renew the teams' contract as a result.
- Swanson, Pete (October 20, 2014). "Yanks name Denbo senior vice president". Princeton Daily Clarion. Retrieved February 17, 2016.
- "Blue Jays hire Gary Denbo to be new hitting coach". USA Today. Associated Press. October 9, 2007. Retrieved February 17, 2016.
- "Blue Jays Press Release/Denbo Hired". Newsday. October 10, 2009. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- Boland, Erik (August 16, 2011). "DL stint helped Jeter's hitting". Newsday. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "CNT: 29 players report on Friday". Newsday. June 20, 2014. Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- "New York Daily News / Denbo hired as Yanks VP of Player Development". Newsday. October 20, 2014. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- "Yankees host spring training 'Captain's Camp' for 'best young players'". NJ.com. Retrieved February 17, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gary Denbo.|
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Report: Gary Denbo Replaces Mark Newman, Pat Roessler Out Retrieved from SI.com on 2014-10-20
- Age-old questions for Yankees captain Jeter Retrieved from New York Post.com on 2012-2-24
- Work with Denbo helped Jeter find swing Retrieved from mlb.com on 2011-8-22
- Denbo Articles Retrieved from nydailynews.com on 2010-5-3
- Blue Jays Press Release/Denbo to Stress Unselfish Hitting Style Retrieved on 2007-10-12
- The Wisdom of Mike Lowell Retrieved from globeandmail.com on 2007-10-11
- Denbo says Soriano developing plate discipline Retrieved from cnnsi.com on 2001-5-18
| Toronto Blue Jays Hitting Coach
October 2007 - June 2008
| New York Yankees Hitting Coach