|Gary D. Finch|
|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 126th district
November 3, 1999
|Preceded by||Daniel Fessenden|
March 13, 1944 |
Auburn, New York
|Spouse(s)||Marcia Herrling Finch|
|Residence||Springport, New York|
|Alma mater||Empire State College|
|Profession||funeral home owner, politician|
Gary D. Finch (born March 13, 1944) is a Republican member of the New York State Assembly representing the 126th Assembly District, which includes portions of Cayuga, Chenango, Cortland, and Onondaga counties.
Finch was born in Auburn, New York and attended Cayuga Community College. He received a degree from the Simmons School of Mortuary Science in 1966. He also earned a B.S. degree in public administration and political theory from Empire State College (State University of New York) in 1989.
Since 1970, Finch has owned and operated Brew-Finch Funeral Homes, Inc. a company which operates funeral homes in central New York State. Finch's first elected position was as a trustee for the Village of Aurora in 1979. He then was elected mayor of the village in 1982, a position he held for eight years.
Finch was first elected to the State Assembly on November 2, 1999. He won the November 2008 general election with 65 percent of the vote and ran uncontested in the November 2010 general election.
- "State Assembly: Gary D. Finch (R-C), District 123". Capitol Info. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- "Assembly District 123, Gary D. Finch: Biography". New York State Assembly. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- "Election Results 2008: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2008. Archived from the original on 2012-05-11.
- "Assembly Election Returns: November 4, 2008" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-08-23.
- "Election Results 2010: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-06-15.
- "Assembly Election Returns: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-12-18.
|New York Assembly|
Daniel J. Fessenden
|New York State Assembly, 126th District
Robert J. Warner
Jay J. Dinga
|New York State Assembly, 123rd District