Gary Jacobs (boxer)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Real name||Gary Jacobs|
10 December 1965 |
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
|Wins by KO||26|
Jacobs at various points in his career held the British, Commonwealth, and European (EBU) welterweight titles, as well as unsuccessfully challenging Pernell Whitaker for his WBC crown. Jacobs wore a Star of David on his trunks. He was inducted into the Scottish Boxing Hall of Fame in 2011.
- "Gary Jacobs - Boxer". Boxrec.com. 8 February 1989. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- Jet. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- "Sports Shorts". Jewish Sports Review. 8 (87): 18. 16 September 2011.
- Day by day in Jewish sports history. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- The Jewish Year Book, 2000. 27 August 2008. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
|Commonwealth Welterweight Champion
19 April 1988 – 23 November 1989
|British Welterweight Champion
20 February 1992 - 9 July 1992
Title next held byDel Bryan
|This biographical article related to boxing in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|