Gary L. Clingman
Gary L. Clingman
|Associate Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court|
April 30, 2018 – December 31, 2018
|Appointed by||Susana Martinez|
|Preceded by||Edward L. Chávez|
|Succeeded by||Michael E. Vigil|
|Judge of the 5th Judicial District Court of New Mexico|
1997 – April 29, 2018
|Born||September 21, 1951|
Hobbs, New Mexico, U.S.
|Education||University of Texas at Austin, (B.A.)|
Texas Tech University School of Law, (J.D.)
Gary L. Clingman (born September 21, 1951) is a former Associate Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court.
He served as an attorney for a private firm for more than 12 years.
State judicial service
Clingman was appointed as a district judge in 1997. He was the Chief Judge of the Fifth Judicial District from 2006–2018.
Clingman has served as an instructor and facilitator at the National Judicial College in Reno, Nevada, and is pursuing his postgraduate degree in Judicial Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno.
Service on New Mexico Supreme Court
In April 2018 Clingman was one of two names submitted to the governor to fill the seat vacated by the retirement of Justice Edward L. Chávez. On April 6, 2018 Governor Susana Martinez announced his appointment to the New Mexico Supreme Court. He was sworn in on April 30, 2018. His term ended on December 31, 2018.
Clingman is a registered Republican.
- "Hon. Gary L. Clingman Judge Profile on Martindale.com". www.martindale.com. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Governor Appoints Judge Gary L. Clingman To New Mexico Supreme Court". Los Alamos Daily Post. 2018-04-09. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "New Mexico Judicial Performance Evaluation Commission - Judge Evaluation". www.nmjpec.org. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Commission nominates 2 for New Mexico Supreme Court seat". Santa Fe New Mexican. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Governor Susana Martinez Appoints Judge Gary L. Clingman to the New Mexico Supreme Court" (PDF) (Press release). Santa Fe, New Mexico. April 6, 2018. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Justice Joins New Mexico Supreme Court". 2018-05-01. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- Boetel, Ryan. "New state Supreme Court justice takes oath of office". www.abqjournal.com. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
Edward L. Chávez
| Associate Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court
Michael E. Vigil
|This American law–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|