This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (May 2021)
Gary Lumby, MBE, FCIBS is a business mentor and non-executive director with over 30 years experience in the banking sector. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers in Scotland and was the director of small business banking for Yorkshire Bank and Clydesdale Bank. In September 2008, Gary Lumby was made President of Leeds Chamber of Commerce. In 2008, he was presented with an MBE by Prince Charles in recognition of services to the finance industry.
Background & Yorkshire Bank
Gary Lumby started as a cashier in Billingham, Teesside, with Barclays Bank in 1976. In 1995, he was appointed Head of SME Banking for the North East and Cumbria at Barclays Bank. He joined Yorkshire Bank in 1998 as regional business manager for the North East. In March 2002, he was promoted to head of business banking for Yorkshire and the North East, and later promoted to head of retail banking at Yorkshire Bank. During his later role as UK director of SME banking for Yorkshire Bank and Clydesdale Bank, he endorsed the promotion of the Geared for Giving charity initiative co-created by Scottish entrepreneur Duncan Bannatyne. Gary Lumby left Yorkshire Bank in 2011.
Gary Lumby sits on the board and acts as a non-executive director for a number of SMEs primarily located in the Yorkshire and North East regions of the UK. In January 2012, Lumby was announced as the non-executive director of Erimus Insurance Brokers (formerly Teesside Insurance). He is involved in two businesses with his wife, Hayley Lumby: he is the executive director of SE Decorators Ltd and a partner at Omkara Beauty Salon, which was opened on 21 April 2012 by Dragons' Den presenter Duncan Bannatyne. He is non-executive director at Walsh Taylor Business Support Group. He is non-executive director of Leeds construction business Howard Civil Engineering, Active Financial Services, and Hellens Residential Ltd. He is the chairman of rewards solution company Simply Thank You. He is also NED for Whitecap Consulting the Leeds-based Strategic Marketing and Commercial Consultancy business as New Home Finder.com and Active Chartered Financial Planners Ltd. Lumby is the managing director of Focus on Success, a management consultancy business. He also sits on the investment panel for the Let's Grow Regional Growth Fund.
- Zientek, Henryk (17 January 2012). "Appointments: Gary Lumby at Erimus Insurance". The Huddersfield Daily Examiner. Yorkshire. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Lumby takes ambassador role at Yorkshire Bank". The Business Desk. Yorkshire. 29 November 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- "Yorkshire Bank's Gary Lumby is new Leeds Chamber of Commerce president". Yorkshire Evening Post. Yorkshire. 29 September 2008. Retrieved 29 September 2008.
- "Banker's delight at MBE". Yorkshire Evening Post. Yorkshire. 4 January 2008. Retrieved 8 April 2008.
- "Gary Brings Expertise to Active Team's Table". Evening Gazette. Middlesbrough. 27 March 2012. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "Gary takes on a new role at Bank". Yorkshire Evening Post. Yorkshire. 18 March 2002. Retrieved 18 March 2002.
- "Mortgage applications on the rise". Telegraph & Argus. Yorkshire. 30 July 2009. Retrieved 30 July 2009.
- Mills, David (16 December 2010). "A charitable dragon: Why Duncan Bannatyne is geared for giving". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- "Ex-bank chief joins board of construction company". Yorkshire Post. Yorkshire. 19 August 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Gary Lumby on board at Erimus Insurance Brokers". The Journal. Teesside. 10 January 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- Nicholls, Brian (10 May 2012). "Have brush, will travel". BQ Magazine. North East. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Speaking up for Borough Business - Guest Speakers announced for Expo Twenty11". Wigan Council. Wigan. 2 September 2011. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "New Spa Style Beauty Salon Creates a Touch of Glamour in Thornaby". The Entrepreneurs’ Forum. Wigan. 16 April 2012. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Walsh Taylor expands team in Leeds and Harrogate". Harrogate News. Harrogate. 13 December 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Howard Civil Engineering board role for Lumby". Insider Media. Yorkshire. 19 August 2013. Archived from the original on 19 March 2014. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Active Financial Services: New recruits help finance firm spread its wings". Gazette Live. Yorkshire. 15 August 2013. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- Lombardi, Gloria (6 December 2013). "Driving engagement and productivity". Simply-Communicate. London. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- O’Rourke, Chris (12 July 2012). "North East Consultancy Is Focusing On Success With Launch Of New Website". Sayu Limited. Stockton-on-Tees. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Let's Grow". The Journal. North East. 19 November 2013. Retrieved 19 November 2013.