Gary M. Reiner
|Gary M. Reiner|
|Born||Gary M. Reiner
1954 (age 62–63)
|Occupation||Operating Partner at General Atlantic|
Gary M. Reiner (born c. 1954) is an American businessman and Operating Partner at General Atlantic. Reiner has been with the global growth equity firm since 2010, where he provides strategic counsel and serves on the board of several portfolio companies. Prior to General Atlantic, Reiner served as Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at General Electric.
Early career and education
In 1980, Reiner began working at Boston Consulting Group, a management consulting firm, in its Boston and New York City offices. In 1986, he was elected partner. Reiner’s work focused on strategic and process issues for high-technology businesses.
General Electric (1991 - 2010)
Reiner joined General Electric in 1991 as Vice President-Corporate Business Development where he was responsible for evaluating new business ideas and acquisitions, strategic planning, company-wide sourcing, and driving best practices throughout the business.
General Atlantic (2010 - Present)
In 2010, Reiner left General Electric and joined General Atlantic as an investment advisor. Reiner currently serves as Operating Partner for the firm. Reiner supports General Atlantic’s efforts to partner with growth companies, and provides strategic counsel to the firm and its portfolio companies.
- Hewlett-Packard (2011–present)
- Box (2012 – present)
- Mu Sigma (2012 – present)
- Citigroup (2013 – present)
- CitiusTech (2014 – present)
- SnapAV (2015–present)
- Seismic Software (2015–present)
- Turbonomic (2017–present)
- General Atlantic bio
- Box Bloomberg profile
- Mu Sigma Board of Directors
- CitiusTech Board of Directors
- Turbonomic Leadership
- Griffin, Donal. "Citigroup Names Reiner Turley to Board of Directors". Bloomberg.
- Koch, Christopher. "20/20 HONOREES - Gary Reiner". CIO from IDG. IDG Communications.
- Silver-Greenberg, Jessica. "Citigroup Adds Two New Directors". Dealbook. The New York Times.
- Rieker, Matthias; Rapoport, Michael. "Citigroup Expands Its Board". The Wall Street Journal.
- Wailgum, Thomas. "GE Gets in the Cloud for New SaaS Supply Chain App". Network World.
- "General Atlantic".
- "About Norwalk Hospital". Norwalk Hospital.
- "About Western Connecticut Health Network". Western Connecticut Health Network.