Gary Schubach studied at the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality San Francisco, CA where he received a Doctor of Education (Human Sexuality), October, 1996. It was here that he authored the paper titled “Urethral Expulsions during Sensual Arousal and Bladder Catheterization in Seven Human Females.” This research project was a landmark study of the phenomena of female ejaculation and the so-called "G spot" and is frequently quoted in books focused on human sexuality.
It is Dr. Schubach's position that the term "G spot" is not a scientific term. Dr. Schubach asserts that the correct term is "Female Prostate" aka Skene's glands, paraurethral glands and periurethral glands. Furthermore, Dr. Schubach observes that a reading of the famous 1950 article, "The role of the urethra in female orgasm", by Ernst Gräfenberg MD. clearly demonstrates that female prostate is the correct term.
- Gary Schubach (August 2001). "Urethral Expulsions During Sensual Arousal and Bladder Catheterization in Seven Human Females". Electronic Journal of Human Sexuality. 4.
- Simon, LeVay (2006). Human sexuality. Sinauer Associates. p. 81.
- Judith, Kuriansky (2002). The Complete Idiot's Guide to Tantric Sex. Penguin Group. p. 180.
- Pokras, Somraj (2007). Male Multiple Orgasm. Amorata Press. p. 179. ISBN 1-56975-625-2.
- Schubach, Gary. "The Human Female Prostate and Its Relationship to the Popularized Term, G-Spo".
- Schubach, Gary (April 2002). "The G-spot is the female prostate". American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 186 (4): 850. doi:10.1067/mob.2002.121628.
- Ernest Gräfenberg (1950). "The role of urethra in female orgasm". International Journal of Sexology. 3 (3): 145–148.
- Schubach, Gary. "New Study Confirms Doctor G's Conclusions About Female Ejaculation". Archived from the original on 2012-04-27.