Gary Spencer Millidge
|Gary Spencer Millidge|
|Area(s)||Writer, Penciller, Inker, Letterer|
|Awards||"Best Self-Published/Independent Comic" National Comics Award (1997)|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2009)
Millidge also writes about comics, editing Alan Moore: Portrait of an Extraordinary Gentleman and Alan Moore: Storyteller as well as writing Comic Book Design.
Comics work includes:
- Strangehaven #1- (script and art, Abiogenesis Press, 1995-) collected as:
- "Strangehaven: Custard Creams" (script and art, in Negative Burn #24, Caliber Comics, 1995)
- "From Hell and Back" (script and art, in Bart Simpson's Treehouse of Horror #9, Bongo Comics, 2003)
- Alan Moore: Portrait of an Extraordinary Gentleman (edited by Gary Spencer Millidge and Smoky Man, 352 pages, Abiogenesis, December 2003, ISBN 0-946790-06-X)
- Comic Book Design: The Essential Guide to Creating Great Comics and Graphic Novels (160 pages, Random House, July 2009, ISBN 0-8230-9796-X)
- Alan Moore: Storyteller (336 pages, ILEX, August 2011, ISBN 1-907579-12-5)
As well as numerous nominations, including one for the 1997 "Talent Deserving of Wider Recognition" Eisner Award, he won the 1997 "Best Self-Published/Independent Comic" National Comics Award for Strangehaven.
Alan Moore: Portrait of an Extraordinary Gentleman was also nominated for the 2003 Bram Stoker Award for Best Non-Fiction.