|Full name||Gary Michael Nolan Twigg|
|Date of birth||19 March 1984|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2003||→ Burton Albion (loan)||4||(1)|
|2004||→ Bristol Rovers (loan)||8||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13:56, 8 January 2015 (UTC).
Twigg began his career in 2000 with English club Derby County having graduated through the youth system. He made his debut for Derby at the age of 17 as a striker in a Premier League match against Sunderland in May 2002, his only appearance that season. In the 2002–03 season, he made eight first team appearances, seven as a substitute, branching out into the position of left wing when needed.
Having been released by Derby, and following an unsuccessful trial period at League of Ireland club Derry City, he placed roots at Airdrie United in August 2005, where he went on to make 65 league and cup appearances in two years, scoring 18 goals. He won the SFL Player of the Month award for December 2006 after scoring six goals in six games, helping Airdrie to only one defeat out of six league games.
Twigg signed a two-year contract with Conference National side Oxford United on 5 July 2007. Nick Merry, Oxford United chairman, said, "He's got a good record and he's very versatile too. He can play wide or down the middle and he'll be a good asset to us." He came on as a substitute on the opening day of the 2007–08 season at home against Forest Green Rovers in which he won and scored a stoppage time penalty to win the game for Oxford on his debut. An ankle injury that required surgery in October led to him missing seven weeks of the season before he returned to the side in December. However, he was unable to settle and left at the end of December to seek a move back to Scotland. He had made 11 league and cup appearances, scoring three goals.
Twigg signed for Hamilton Academical on an 18-month contract in January 2008. He made only four appearances and was transfer listed at the end of the season. His contract was cancelled at Twigg's request in July 2008 as he had a falling out with the manager Billy Reid. Twigg then signed for Brechin City in July 2008,
Twigg made his League of Ireland debut on the opening day of the 2009 League of Ireland season at Bray Wanderers. He then scored the first ever goal in the Tallaght Stadium in a 2–1 win for Shamrock Rovers over Sligo Rovers in March 2009. Twigg scored his 22nd league goal in a 2–1 win over Sligo Rovers. He scored his 23rd league goal at Dundalk, equalling Stephen Geoghegan's total from the 1993/94 season. Gary was awarded the League of Ireland Player of the Month for September 2009. Twigg finished the 2009 season as the top scorer in the League of Ireland with 24 goals. He also won the club Player of the Year voted by Rovers fans and the PFAI Player of the Year voted for by his fellow players across the league.
He scored his 50th goal in total for the club in a 2–2 draw with Bray Wanderers. The result was enough for Rovers to win the 2010 League of Ireland title, their first league title in 16 years. Twigg again finished the season as the top scorer in the League of Ireland with 20 goals.
In 2011, he was again Rovers' top league goalscorer with 15 goals, helping the club to their 17th title. Twigg also played on the Shamrock Rovers team that was the first Irish club to reach the group stages of the UEFA Europa League.
In March 2012 he was awarded his third Airtricity/SWAI Player of the Month.
In October 2012 Shamrock Rovers announced that Twigg would not be signing a new contract and would be leaving at the end of the 2012 season.
Twigg again finished the season as top scorer for the third time in his four seasons in the League of Ireland.
He scored a total of 88 goals in 160 appearances for The Hoops. These included 15 appearances in the UEFA Champions League qualifiers and the Europa League. His 81 league goals makes Twigg the eighth highest goalscorer in the history of Shamrock Rovers.
For the fourth time he was awarded the SWAI Player of the Month for October 
Twigg signed for NIFL Premiership side Portadown on 29 October 2012 on a three-and-a-half-year deal. Twigg scored on his debut for Portadown in a match against Donegal Celtic at Shamrock Park on 5 January 2013, finishing the season with six goals from 11 league games.
- Shamrock Rovers
- PFAI Players' Player of the Year (1): 2009
- Shamrock Rovers Player of the Year (1): 2009
- NIFL Player of the Month (1): September 2013
- "Sunderland ensure survival". BBC Sport. 11 May 2002. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Clough gets Twigg". Non League Daily. 26 September 2003. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Clough Airdrie recruit Twigg from Derby". BBC Sport. 24 July 2005. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Soccerbase: Gary Twigg". Racing Post. Retrieved 2007-07-21.
- "Diamonds' December award double". BBC Sport. 19 January 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-21.
- "Oxford Utd snap up striker Twigg". BBC Sport. 5 July 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-11.
- "Oxford 1–0 Forest Green". BBC Sport. 11 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-11.
- "Twigg facing a month out injured". BBC Sport. 16 October 2007. Retrieved 2008-01-02.
- "Scots striker Twigg leaves Oxford". BBC Sport. 16 October 2007. Retrieved 2008-01-02.
- "Gary Twigg Signs". AcciesFC. 2 January 2008. Archived from the original on 5 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-02.
- "Twigg's lured home by Hamilton deal". Express, The (London). 4 January 2008.
- "Accies axe". Football: Soccer Shorts (Daily Record, The (Glasgow)). 22 May 2008.
- "Twigg Released". AcciesFC. 19 July 2008. Archived from the original on 23 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-19.
- Carter, Jo (19 July 2008). "Twigg leaves Accies". Setanta Sport. Retrieved 2008-07-19.
- "City Sign Gary Twigg". brechincity.com. Retrieved 23 July 2008.
- Maher, Gareth (23 February 2009). "O'Neill adds another three". Setanta (Setanta Sport Holdings Ltd). Retrieved 2009-02-23.[dead link]
- Fitzmauric, Aidan (15 September 2011). "Rovers hold no fear of Rubin". The Herald (www.herald.ie). Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- Report – Athlone Town 0 Rovers 3. Friendly – Lissywollen – Sunday 1 March 2009. Shamrockrovers.ie (1 March 2009). Retrieved on 2011-09-25.
- "Shamrock Rovers triumph on Tallaght homecoming". Irish Times. 13 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- Sligo Rovers 1–2 Rovers. Rovers storming second-half performance earns the points.... Shamrockrovers.ie (26 September 2009). Retrieved on 2011-09-25.
- Report – Dundalk 2–4 Rovers. Storming finish sees Rovers emerge victorious.... Shamrockrovers.ie (23 October 2009). Retrieved on 2011-09-25.
- Twigg named Player of the Month for September Airtricity League.
- Soccerbot. Soccerbot (8 March 2000). Retrieved on 2011-09-25.
- Player of Year Awards winners. Shamrockrovers.ie. (8 November 2009). Retrieved on 2011-09-25.
- Rovers 3:0 Bohemians. Shamrockrovers.ie (8 August 2010). Retrieved on 2011-09-25.
- Twiggy is League's Player of the Year. Shamrockrovers.ie (8 August 2010). Retrieved on 2011-09-25.
- "Rovers crowned league champions". Irish Times. 29 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Gary Twigg POTM". Shamrock Rovers F.C. Retrieved 04/11/2012. Check date values in:
- "Gary Twigg". Shamrock Rover F.C. Retrieved 04/11/2012. Check date values in:
- "Twigg tops Premier Division goal charts". Extratime.ie. Retrieved 04/11/2012. Check date values in:
- "Ports Confirm Gary Twigg Signing". Portadown F.C. Retrieved 04/11/2012. Check date values in: