Gary Wolf (journalist)
- This article refers to the journalist and contributing editor for Wired magazine. For the novelist and creator of the Roger Rabbit universe, see Gary K. Wolf.
Gary Wolf is a writer and contributing editor at America's Wired magazine. Among his other Wired stories, Wolf is the author of "The Curse of Xanadu," about Ted Nelson and Project Xanadu, and "The World According to Woz", about Steve Wozniak. Nelson has replied repeatedly to "The Curse of Xanadu", referring to Gary Wolf as "Gory Jackal" or simply "The Jackal."   In a page commemorating its twentieth anniversary, he calls Wolf a "hate-filled fascist twerp".  Nelson says the matter is by no means over, and claims he is holding back a full-length video responding to the piece's "distortions, gratuitous insults, and in-depth nasties of the piece, if not outright lies."
In 2007, with Kevin Kelly, Wolf co-founded the Quantified Self, a collaboration of users and tool makers who share an interest in self-knowledge through self-tracking. In 2010, he spoke about the movement at TED.
- Aether Madness: An Offbeat Guide to the Online World, with Michael Stein (Peachpit Press, 1995)
- Dumb Money: Adventures of a Day Trader, with Joey Anuff (Random House, 2000)
- Wired – A Romance (Random House, 2003)
- ANTEPHASE Wolf's personal site.
- Telepolis interview with Gary Wolf
- "Gold Mania in the Yukon," New York Times Magazine, May 11, 2011
- "Magic Mushrooms," (New York Times) T Style Magazine, May 7, 2006
- "The Church of the Non-Believers ," Wired, November 2006
- Gary Wolf (June 1995). "The Curse of Xanadu". Wired magazine. Retrieved July 3, 2011.
- "What they say". Ted.hyperland.com. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- "Letters about "The Curse of Xanadu"". Wired.com. 2009-01-04. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- "Errors in "The Curse of Xanadu," by Gary Wolf". vinci.org. 2010. Retrieved May 25, 2011.
Errors in 'The Curse of Xanadu', by Gary Wolf
- Wolf, Gary. "Quantified Self". Gary Wolf. Archived from the original on 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- Singer, Emily. "The Measured Life". MIT. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- Wolf, Gary. "The quantified self". TED (conference). Retrieved 2012-03-26.