Gata de Gorgos
This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The village is known for its wicker industry and for having an unusually large number of bars and restaurants per capita. Boasting over 30 bars, the most popular are Ca Corder, which is located in the church square, and Ca Patrics, which is located in the Placa Nuevo.
The town's key fiestas take place during July to honour The Christ of the Calvary.(Fiestas en honor al Santísimo Cristo del Calvario). A key part of this event includes bull running along the street known as Paseo de Alicante - another is when the town's young men and women who are 'coming of age' form groups called 'Quintos' and march through the town accompanied by music and watched by family and friends. The highlight to many is the Paella Night, where most of the town congregate in the school to cook paella in the open air before being entertained by a local band.
- "Fiestas in Gata de Gorgos 2014 - Comunitat Valenciana". En.comunitatvalenciana.com. 2014-07-26. Archived from the original on 2016-10-25. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gata de Gorgos.|
- Web de l'Ajuntament de Gata
- The Official Valencian Government Portal for events in Gata de Gorgos
- Institut Valencià d'Estadística.
- Portal de la Direcció General d'Administració Local de la Generalitat.
- Diari Parlem.
- El temps en Gata de Gorgos.
|This article about a location in the Valencian Community, Spain, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|