Matarazzo at the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con
Gaetano John Matarazzo III
September 8, 2002
Gaetano John “Gaten” Matarazzo III (/
Matarazzo was born in Little Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey. He has an older sister and a younger brother. Matarazzo has cleidocranial dysplasia (CCD), a trait he shares with his Stranger Things character. He uses dentures as a result of his condition, and he uses his fame to raise awareness about it.
Matarazzo uses his platform to raise awareness of cleidocranial dysostosis (CCD) and fundraise for CCD Smiles, an organization that helps cover costs of oral surgeries for those with CCD. Matarazzo has also started a line of T-shirts whose proceeds will go to CCD Smiles. On his social media sites, Matarazzo actively notifies his followers of how to donate to CCD Smiles and different events he will participate in. Recently, his sister also started a Facebook campaign to raise money for the organization.
|2015||The Blacklist||Finn||Episode: "The Kenyon Family (No. 71)"|
|2016–present||Stranger Things||Dustin Henderson||Main role|
|Lip Sync Battle||Himself||Episode: "The Cast of Stranger Things"|
|2017||"Swish Swish"||Katy Perry (feat. Nicki Minaj)|
|"Lost Boys Life"||"Computer Games" (Darren & Chuck Criss)|
|"Jimmy Fallon's Golden Globes 2017 Opening"||Jimmy Fallon|
|2011||Priscilla, Queen of the Desert||Benjamin||Palace Theatre, Broadway|
|2014||Les Misérables||Gavroche / Petit Gervais||Imperial Theatre, Broadway|
|2018||Cinderella||Jean-Michael||Pinelands Regional Thespians|
|2019||Into the Woods||Jack||Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles|
Awards and nominations
|2017||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Digital TV Series or Film – Teen Actor||Stranger Things||Nominated|||
|2017||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Won|||
|2017||Shorty Awards||Best Actor||Won|||
|2018||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Nominated|||
|2018||MTV Movie & TV Awards||Best On-Screen Team (with Finn Wolfhard, Caleb McLaughlin, Noah Schnapp and Sadie Sink)||Nominated|||
|2019||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer TV Actor||Nominated|||
- "Stranger Things' Gaten Matarazzo Goes Undercover on Reddit, YouTube and Twitter GQ". 1 July 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019 – via www.youtube.com.
- "Les Misérables". Playbill. Retrieved August 18, 2016.
- Ro, Crystal (August 5, 2016). "Dustin from "Stranger Things" loves showing off his fake teeth in real life, and obviously it's adorable". HelloGiggles.com.
- "Gaten Matarazzo Of 'Stranger Things' Talks About His Genetic Disorder". Huffington Post. September 28, 2016.
- "Donate to CCD Smiles! - StartSomeGood". StartSomeGood. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "'Stranger Things' star brings smiles to Utahns with rare genetic disorder - KSL.com". Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- Bell, Sadie. "Here Are All the Cameos From Katy Perry's 'Swish Swish' Music Video". Billboard. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Pinelands' 'Cinderella' Not Your Grandfather's 'Cinderella' - The SandPaper". thesandpaper.villagesoup.com.
- "38th Annual Awards". Young Artist Association. Archived from the original on January 7, 2018. Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- Nolfi, Joely (14 December 2016). "SAG Awards nominations 2017: See the full list". Entertainment Weekly.
- "9th Annual Shorty Awards". Shorty Awards. April 25, 2017.
- Gonzalez, Sandra (17 January 2018). "The full list of the 2018 SAG Awards nominees". CNN. CNN. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (May 3, 2018). "MTV Movie & TV Awards: 'Black Panther,' 'Stranger Things' Top Nominations". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on May 3, 2018. Retrieved May 3, 2018.
- Swift, Andy (8 July 2019). "Teen Choice Awards: Stranger Things Leads Final Wave of 2019 Nominations". TVLine. Retrieved 19 July 2019.