This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, think tank|
|John R. Bolton, Amir Taheri, Elie Wiesel, R. James Woolsey|
The Gatestone Institute, formerly Stonegate Institute and Hudson New York, is a conservative "not-for-profit international policy council and think tank based in New York City" with a specialization in strategy and defense issues. Gatestone was founded in 2012 by Nina Rosenwald, who serves as its president. Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John R. Bolton is its chairman.
About the organization
The organization describes itself as a "non-partisan, not-for-profit international policy council and think tank is dedicated to educating the public about what the mainstream media fails to report." The organization believes that traditional news outlets conduct insufficient and, as a result, misleading reporting on critical issues, and thus it distributes its own information about events in the Middle East and Muslim populations in other parts of the world.
Gatestone Institute says it is funded by private donors and foundations.
Board of Governors
- John R. Bolton (Chairman), former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
- Nina Rosenwald (President)
- Naomi H. Perlman (Vice President)
- The Viscountess Bearsted
- Baroness Caroline Cox
- Alan Dershowitz
- The Lord Finkelstein OBE
- Jack Fowler
- Robert Immerman
- Lawrence Kadish, Huffington Post writer
- Ingeborg Rennert, Director of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, philanthropist, and wife of investor Ira Rennert.
- Rebecca Sugar
- Merryl Tisch
Board of Governors, Gatestone Europe
- Amir Taheri (Chairman)
- Anne-Elisabeth Moutet
Board of Advisors
- Ahmed Charai, publisher 
- Rev. Dr. Petra Heldt, Hebrew University professor 
- M. Zuhdi Jasser, American Islamic Forum for Democracy founder
- Richard Kemp
- Michael Mukasey
- R. James Woolsey, Jr., Central Intelligence Agency Director
Distinguished Senior Fellows
The Gatestone Institute's website contains a list of "Distinguished Senior Fellows," which include Khaled Abu Toameh, Gordon G. Chang, Patrick Caddell, Ingrid Carlqvist, Con Coughlin, Charles Crawford, Salim Mansur, Douglas Murray, Fiamma Nirenstein, Raheel Raza, and Harold Rhode.
The Council on American–Islamic Relations  and progressive/liberal think tanks and political magazines such as the Institute for Policy Studies, The Nation, and the Center for American Progress have characterized Nina Rosenwald and the Gatestone Institute as islamophobic. In an investigative article in The Nation, The Gatestone Institute’s founding president Nina Rosenwald, was described by journalist Max Blumenthal as the “sugar mama of anti-Muslim hate”. A report by the Center for American Progress found that through a philanthropic foundation, Rosenwald and her family have donated more than $2.8 million since 2000 to “organisations that fan the flames of Islamophobia”.
Practicing Muslim activists (some, affiliated with the Gatestone Institute) have come to Ms. Rosenwald's defense in response to accusations by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) for donating to “groups that exist to make people fear and hate Islam”. Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser, founder and president of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, said, "It goes without saying, but to those who may not know Nina, and having known her now for many years, it is clear to me that she has the highest respect for Muslims who love their faith, love God, and take seriously our Islamic responsibility to defeat the global jihad and its Islamist inspiration." In response to anti-Muslim allegations made by the Council on American–Islamic Relations toward Rosenwald, writer and film maker Raheel Raza said, "If Muslims guided by CAIR could take the time to read and reflect on efforts of people like Nina, they would broaden their horizons and gain a lot of insights into the betterment of Muslims."
- "Board of Advisors" Gatestone Institute. Retrieved September 21, 2013.
- "About Gatestone Institute". Gatestone Institute.
- La tournée africaine de Sa Majesté le Roi, l’expression d’un leadership solidaire soucieux du bien-être des peuples de la région , Le Matin, March 27, 2013 "Gatestone Institute, un think tank américain de renommée internationale spécialisé dans les questions stratégiques et de défense."
- "Gatestone Institute". Facebook. May 3, 2012. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- "Nina Rosenwald". Gatestone Institute. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- "John Bolton". Foxnews.com. Archived from the original on August 3, 2013. Retrieved August 26, 2013.[irrelevant citation]
- John R. Bolton. "Scholars – John R. Bolton". AEI. Retrieved August 26, 2013.[irrelevant citation]
- "Former UN Ambassador John R. Bolton Joins Gatestone Institute as Chairman". Gatestone Institute. July 17, 2013. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- Blumenthal, Max (June 13, 2012) "The Sugar Mama of Anti-Muslim Hate", The Nation, Retrieved September 21, 2013.
- "About". Gatestone Institute. May 3, 2012. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- Cal Thomas (February 4, 2016). "The multiculturalism myth: World leaders ignore Islam's refusal to assimilate". Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- "Egypt Coptic Christians have one of their 'worst months,' Gatestone Institute report says —". Jns.org. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- "What the He!! Is Going On in England? | National Review Online". Nationalreview.com. July 18, 2013. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- Ben, Ariel (April 25, 2013). "Hundreds of European Muslims fighting Assad | JPost | Israel News". JPost. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- Rosenwald, Nina (August 9, 2013). "Gatestone Weekly Roundup". Gatestone Institute. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- "About". Gatestone Institute. May 3, 2012. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- "Lawrence Kadish". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved April 15, 2015.[irrelevant citation]
- Board of Advisors/ BusinessWeek profile[irrelevant citation]
- "Ahmed Charai". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved April 15, 2015.[irrelevant citation]
- "HELDT Petra". huji.ac.il. Retrieved April 15, 2015.[irrelevant citation]
- Miller, Paul. "Islamic Scholars Blast CAIR for Trapping Muslims Into a 'Trance of Victimhood'". The Observer. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "Nina Rosenwald – Profile". International Relations Center. 5 March 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Gatestone Institute website
- Gatestone Institute – Archives published articles
- Profile – Gatestone Institute at Right Web, "Tracking militarists’ efforts to influence U.S. foreign policy"
- Gatestone Institute, SourceWatch
- Solving the Palestine Refugee Problem Despite UNRWA on YouTube – presentation by Middle East Forum and Gatestone Institute