Gateway Mall (Araneta Center)
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The mall in 2008
|Location||Araneta Center, Barangay Socorro, Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines|
|No. of stores and services||300+|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||95,000 m2 (1,020,000 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||5|
Gateway Mall is a shopping mall complex located in Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City, The mall's other features are its connected passageway to the LRT station, and being directly connected to the Araneta Coliseum. It was the first Philippine mall to feature a La-Z-Boy theater before the construction of SM Mall of Asia. It is also where the largest National Book Store is found, going up to 5 floors.
Expansion of the mall is scheduled within 2016 or early 2017.
Gateway Mall includes Rustan's Department Store, Rustan's Supermarket, Food Express food court, and Gateway Cineplex 10. The Gateway Tower, built in 2013, is a large office building which includes a 6-level mall extension. It also adds 10,000 square metres (110,000 sq ft) to the total mall area of 85,000 square metres (910,000 sq ft). It also features the 8th H&M store with 2 floors.
- Shopping Center of the Year in 2006 and 2007 by the Philippine Retailers Association.
- Merit Awardee at the International Council of Shopping Centers’ (ICSC) 30th Innovative Design and Development Awards
- finalist at the 2008 Urban Land Institute Awards for Excellence.
- "Araneta Center unveils Gateway Mall". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 14 October 2002. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- Arceo-Dumlao, Tina (26 June 2006). "New malls on the rise". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- Mariano, Keith Richard (23 May 2016). "Araneta allots P50B for Cubao redevelopment". BusinessWorld. Retrieved 11 August 2016.