|This article does not cite any references (sources). (December 2009)|
He was a senior elder of the Wangurri Aboriginal clan of the Yolngu people. He was responsible for a number of traditional and ceremonial activities on behalf of his clan and the East Arnhem Land/Yirrkala Aboriginal community.
In 1984 he was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for his services to the Aboriginal community.
- Chairman of the Batchelor College Council, NT
- Director of the Board of the Indigenous Land Corporation
- Director of the Board of the Land Enterprise Australia
- member of the Council for Aboriginal reconciliation
- General Manager of Yirrkala Business Enterprises in Nhulunbuy
- Chairperson of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commercial Development Corporation
- Director of the Henry Walker Group
- Clarke, Bernard A. (2010). Larrpan ga buduyurr : the spear and the cloud. Gatjil Djerrkura. ISBN 978-0-646-53865-5.
|This Australian biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|