|Directed by||Rajan Khosa|
|Produced by||Children's Film Society, India|
|Story by||K.D. Satyam|
|Cinematography||Satya Rai Nagpaul|
|Edited by||Antara Lahiri|
|20 April 2012 (India)|
Gattu opened at the 17th International Children's Film Festival at Hyderabad. This film was held in high regards by critics and film reviewers all over the world. The film had been honored with a special mention under Deutsches Kinderhilfswerk category at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival. It is one of the few films of Bollywood to win such acclaim. Earlier, Farhan Akhtar's Don 2 had a special gala screening at the Berlinale. Gattu released in India on 20 April 2012.
- Mohammad Samad as Gattu
- Naresh Kumar as Anees Bhai
- Jayanta Das as School Principal
- Zoya Arshad as Minky
- Harshit Kaushik as Manoj
- Sarvasva Singh Pundir as Honey Singh
- Mohit Pandey as Sulaiman
- Mohammad Shoaib as Chawanni
- Mohammad Talha Sadat as Tailor Master
- Ritika Kumar as Sunita
- Naveen Bhatt as Kareem
- Story - K.D. Satyam. Screenplay - Ankur Tewari, K.D. Satyam, Rajan Khosa, Dialogues - Dilip Shukla
- Cinematography - Satya Rai Nagpaul
- Editor - Antara Lahiri
- Music - Sandesh Shandilya
- Line Producer - Yamini Upadhye
- Executive Producer - Rajan Khosa
- Producer - Children's Film Society, India
- CFSI Chairperson - Nandita Das
- Public Relations - Rahi Communications
- First Assistant Director - Deepika Gandhi
- Casting Director - Mayank Dixit
DearCinema.com critic Nandita Dutta wrote that "Although Gattu works around the regular elements of children’s stories, it turns out to be an endearing tale of a little boy who is passionate about flying kites."  Mansha Rastogi of Now Running gave the movie 4/5 stars, saying that "Gattu is yet another gem that Hindi film industry can be proud of. A definite watch for people of all age groups." NDTV review called it, "a delicately-threaded morality tale ", Anupama Chopra of Hindustan Times gave it 3.5/5 stars, while Prayag Arora Desai of Rediff gave the movie 3.5/5 stars, concluding that "Gattu is a must watch for all but most especially cynics who believe 'there is no hope for any of us'. It took Gattu just a little less than two hours to prove it." Madhureeta Mukherjee of The Times Of India gave the movie 3.5/5 stars, stating that "Gattu is a must-watch for children of all ages (read: grown-ups even more). And if you think you're too grown up for a kiddie film, go fly a kite. Maybe that's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up too soon. We should just let the little one's in us rule the world.". Subhash K Jha of Indicine gave the movie 3/5 stars, saying that "Gattu carries forward the recent trend of sensible, intelligent funny and moving films about child protagonists, namely Taare Zameen Par, I Am Kalam and Stanley Ka Dabba. Add one more film to that luminous list of cinema on little wonders." Blessy Chettiar of DNA India gave the movie 3/5 stars, stating that "Gattu scores high on the emotional quotient. It leaves you with a smile on your face." Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave the movie 3/5 stars, concluding that "On the whole, a film like GATTU speaks to both, the kids and adults. Films like these, which aren't made to appease the box-office, but cater to a different audience, ought to be encouraged. For, there's life beyond zany entertainers as well!"
- "Gattu off to Berlin". The Indian Express. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- "Gattu". CFSI. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Young, Deborah. "Gattu: Berlin Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- Bhaskaran, Gautaman (20 February 2012). "Gautaman Bhaskaran's review: Gattu". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- Awards IMDB.
- IANS. "Indian film Gattu wins special mention at 62nd Berlinale". India Today. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "Gattu Flies High at Berlinale". The Indian Express. 23 February 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "'Gattu' gets special mention at Berlinale". The Hindu. 20 February 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Gattu` to release on April 20". Zee News. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Gattu releasing in India on April 20th". Times of India. 27 February 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- PTI. "'Gattu' gets special mention at Berlinale". The HINDU. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "'Gattu' wins award at Berlin Film festival - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-02-24. Retrieved 2012-03-11.
- "Parent Organization". mib.nic.in. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Das, Nandita. "Chairperson". CFSI. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Nandita Dutta. "DearCinema Review: Gattu". DearCinema.com.
- Mansha Rastogi. "Gattu Review - Bollywood Movie Review by Mansha Rastogi". Now Running.
- "Review: Gattu (Children's film)". NDTV. 20 July 2012.
- Anupama Chopra (20 July 2012). "Anupama Chopra's review: Gattu". Hindustan Times.
- Prayag Arora Desai. "Review: Gattu is a must watch". Rediff.
- Madhureeta Mukherjee. "Gattu Movie Review at Times Of India". Times Of India.
- Subhash K Jha. "Gattu Review by Subhash K Jha". Indicine.
- Blessy Chettiar. "Review: Gattu scores high on the emotional quotient". DNA India.
- Taran Adarsh. "Gattu (2012) Hindi Movie Critic Review by Taran Adarsh - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama.