Gautam Budh Nagar district
This article possibly contains original research. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Gautam Buddh Nagar district|
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Gautam Buddh Nagar district in Uttar Pradesh
|Tehsils||Dadri, Jewar and Sadar|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Gautam Buddha Nagar|
|• Assembly seats||Noida, Dadri & Jewar|
|• Total||1,442 km2 (557 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,000/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||82.2 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||852:1000|
|Major highways||Noida–Greater Noida Expressway and Yamuna Expressway|
Gautam Budh Nagar is a largely suburban district of Uttar Pradesh state in northern India. It is part of the National Capital Region (India). Greater Noida is the district administrative headquarters. The city of Greater Noida is India's first ISO 16001 certified city.
ISO 16001:2017 specifies general requirements and describes methods for evaluating and testing the performance of object detection systems (ODSs) and visibility aids (VAs) used on earth-moving machines. It covers the following aspects:
- detection or visibility or both of objects including people in the detection zone;
- visual, audible, or both warnings to the operator and if appropriate to the persons in the detection zone;
- operational reliability of the system;
- compatibility and environmental specifications of the system.
Gautam Budh Nagar is an important industrial district of Uttar Pradesh. The city of Greater Noida has evolved as an epicenter for technical education and industrial proliferation.
According to the 2011 census, Gautam Budh Nagar has a population of 1,674,714. It is ranked 294th out of a total of 640 Indian districts in terms of population. Gautam Budh Nagar has a population density of 1,161 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,010/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 39.32%. Gautam Budh Nagar has a sex ratio of 852 females for every 1,000 males, and a literacy rate of 82.2%.
The population is highly literate with 82.2% of population in the district are literate compared to 74.04% national average. The female literacy stands at 72.78% much higher than national average of 65.46%.
Places to visit
- Buddh International Circuit
- The Great India Place
- Worlds of Wonder (Amusement Park)
- Rashtriya Dalit Prerna Sthal and Green Garden
- Surajpur Bird Sanctuary
- "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2001". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Ghaziabad, GB Nagar hub of high literacy, falling sex ratio". The Times Of India. TNN. 6 April 2011. Retrieved 6 April 2011.