This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Spouse(s)||Kamal Haasan (m.2004-d.2016)
Sandeep Bhatia (m.1988-d.1998)
Gautami Tadimalla is an Indian film actress who has worked mainly in Tamil films, although she also appeared in successful films in Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi and Kannada cinema. She is also a television actress, television host and known costume designer.
Gautami went to GITAM University in Visakhapatnam to pursue Engineering. She made her first appearance at the age of 17 in the Telugu film Dayamayudu, that was produced by her cousin. She was introduced to Tamil films through Guru Shishyan, a film that starred Rajinikanth and Prabhu. She was most active in Tamil cinema from 1987 to 1998 and was a tough competitor to the other heroines of her time, Kushboo and Bhanupriya. Her filmography includes classics like Apoorva Sagodharargal, Raja Chinna Roja, Thevar Magan, Panakkaran, Guru Sishyan, Ooru Vittu Ooru Vanthu, Dharma Durai, Rickshaw Mama as well as Mani Ratnam's Iruvar (1997), which co-starred Mohanlal, Prakash Raj, Aishwarya Rai, Tabu, Nassar and Revathi.
She has acted in the Tamil serial Indira in the lead role. She made a guest appearance in the song "Chikku Bukku Railu" with Prabhu Deva in the film Gentleman. She had hosted a talk show in Sun TV titled Anbudan which was launched to compete with Koffee with Anu running on STAR Vijay. She acted in the serial Abirami which was telecast on Kalaignar TV. She made a comeback to the film industry in the late 2000s as a costume designer for films starring her partner Kamal Haasan. She won the Vijay Award for Best Costume Designer for Dasavathaaram. After sixteen years, she returned to acting by starring in the Tamil film Papanasam in which she was paired with her partner Kamal Haasan.
- 1990 – Tamil Nadu State Film Award Special Prize for Namma Ooru Poovatha
- 2017 – Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Costume Designer for Vishwaroopam
- 1991 – Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil for Nee Pathi Naan Pathi
- 1991 – Cinema Express Awards for Special Best Tamil Actress for Nee Pathi Naan Pathi
- 2009 – Vijay Award for Best Costume Designer for Dasavathaaram
|1987||Gandhinagar Rendo Veedhi||Telugu|
|1987||Elu Suttina Kote||Raani||Kannada|
|1988||Enga Ooru Kavalkaran||Poovayi||Tamil|
|1988||Namma Oor Nayagan||Tamil|
|1988||August 15 Rathri||Telugu|
|1989||Pongi Varum Kaveri||Kaveri||Tamil|
|1989||Enga Ooru Mappillai||Panjavarnam||Tamil|
|1989||Raja Chinna Roja||Sumathi||Tamil|
|1989||Naan Sonnathey Sattam||Tamil|
|1990||Ulagam Pirandhadhu Enakkaga||Tamil|
|1990||Ooru Vittu Ooru Vandhu||Panchavarnam||Tamil|
|1990||Avasara Police 100||Tamil|
|1990||Nallathai Naadu Kekum||Tamil|
|1990||Bamma Maata Bangaru Baata||Telugu|
|1990||Namma Ooru Poovatha||Poovatha||Tamil||Tamil Nadu State Film Award Special Prize|
|1990||His Highness Abdullah||Radhika||Malayalam|
|1990||Raja Kaiya Vacha||Vijaya||Tamil|
|1991||Dharma Durai||Parvathi Dharmadurai||Tamil|
|1991||Nee Pathi Naan Pathi||Nivedha||Tamil||Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil|
|1992||Periya Gounder Ponnu||Manjula||Tamil|
|1992||Pyar Hua Chori Chori||Radha||Hindi|
|1993||Gentleman||Herself||Tamil||Special Appearance In The Song Chikku Bukku Rayile|
|1994||Oru Vasantha Geetham||Uma||Tamil|
|1994||Janta Ki Adalat||Hindi|
|1994||Teesra Kaun?||As herself||Hindi||Guest Appearance|
|1995||God and Gun||Sujatha Singh||Hindi|
|1996||Aayiram Naavulla Ananthan||Radhika||Malayalam|
|1996||Adirindayya Alludu||Telugu||Special Appearance|
|1997||Dhaal: The Battle of Law Against Law||Sneha Saxena||Hindi|
|2003||Varum Varunnu Vannu||Samyuktha Varma||Malayalam|
|2015||Papanasam||Rani Suyambulingam||Tamil||Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil|
- TV serials
- Reality shows as Judge
- Ugram Ujjawalam ( Mazhavil Manorama)
- Dance Jodi Dance ( Zee Tamil)
- Dance Jodi Dance (season 2) ( Zee Tamil)
- Other shows as Guest
- Rediff On The NeT, Movies: An interview with Gauthami. Rediff.com (1999-06-12). Retrieved on 2012-07-11.
- "A banquet of ideas at TEDx Chennai". The Hindu. 1 October 2012. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Friday Review Chennai / Interview : Determined to make a mark, again. The Hindu (2007-07-20). Retrieved on 2012-07-11.
- Gauthami enters small screen – Times Of India. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2009-11-25). Retrieved on 2012-07-11.
- Univercell 3rd Vijay Awards – Winners List – Tamil Movie News. IndiaGlitz (2009-06-15). Retrieved on 2012-07-11.
- "Give timely support to good films, Kamal tells media". The Hindu. 9 July 2015. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Gauthami: ‘Don’t feel scared of breast cancer’ | startrack – Movies. ChennaiOnline (2012-03-09). Retrieved on 2012-07-11.
- Gautami narrates her experience of fighting breast cancer The Hindu
- Don’t let mediocrity be the standard:Kamal The Times of India
- It's the genes at play India Today
- "Chinna Thambhi Bags Cinema Express Award". The Indian Express. 1992-02-25. Retrieved 2013-02-08.
- Kamalhassan bags 4 awards for Dasavatharam ~. Yoory.com. Retrieved on 2012-07-11.