April 20, 1983 |
Brumunddal, Hedmark, Norway
|Years active||2003 – present|
|Labels||Tylden & Co.|
Gaute Ormåsen (born 20 April 1983 in Brumunddal, Hedmark) is a Norwegian singer and was the Idol runner-up to Kurt Nilsen in 2003. He was offered a contract by BMG. He has also had a supporting role in the long running Norwegian television series "Hotel Cesar". In 2010, he took part in Melodi Grand Prix, the Norwegian preselection for the Eurovision Song Contest, singing "Synk eller svøm" reaching the second chance round without getting to the final and again in 2013 singing "Awake" reaching the final but failing to reach the top 4.
Gaute Ormåsen has a twin brother, Hogne Ormåsen. Their elder brother Henrik Ormåsen is a spokesman for Serve the People (Norway). He is singing Norwegian, Danish and English.
|2003||New Kid in Town||2|
|2006||G For Gaute||9|
|2003||"Chasing Rainbows"||1||New Kid in Town|
|2004||"Miss You When You're Gone"||12|
|2006||"Kjærlighet er mer enn forelskelse"||4||G For Gaute|
|2007||"Du + Jeg = Vi"||–||Drømmesang|
|"Til vi sees igjen"||–|
|2010||"Synk eller svøm"||–||Oss imellom|
- Tornes, Erik (26 April 2003). "Tone Anette stemt ut - igjen ('Tone Anette voted out - again')". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). Schibsted. Retrieved 28 February 2010.
- Gonsholt Ighanian, Catherine (26 May 2003). "Gaute fikk platekontrakt ('Gaute got a record deal')". VG Nett (in Norwegian). Aftenposten. Retrieved 28 February 2010.
- Haugen, Ida Anna (30 January 2010). "Gaute Ormåsen: - Merker mer trykk nå ('Gaute Ormåsen: - Detect more pressure now')". VG Nett (in Norwegian). Aftenposten. Retrieved 28 February 2010.
- http://natfinals.50webs.com/Norway2013.html Archived May 22, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "NorwegianCharts.com Gaute Ormåsen discography page". Norwegiancharts.com. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
|This article about a Norwegian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|