Gaviidae Common is a shopping mall and office complex in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, near the Nicollet Mall. Its anchor tenants are the headquarters for CenterPoint Energy on the north end and a Walgreens Flagship Store on the south end including retail shops. The complex occupies two city blocks, and is connected to the Minneapolis Skyway System. It is attached to the Wells Fargo Center on the east side, one of the tallest skyscrapers in Minneapolis. Today, the first and second floors are designated for retail space. The third, fourth, and fifth floors have mostly been converted to office space and will feature the new YMCA Downtown Minneapolis opening in 2018.
Some of the national retailers in the mall include Walgreens, St. Croix (store), freshii, Bruegger's, and Caribou Coffee, along with local retail shops including R.F. Moeller Jewelers, Aveda-founder's Juut Salonspa, Indulge & Bloom, and Cocoa & Fig. Gaviidae Common also includes North Memorial Health Clinic and Orthology Sports Medicine Clinic located on level 2 skyway.
In May 2013, it was announced that Gaviidae Common II would be getting a $3.8 million redesign including new shopping and restaurants. Gaviidae Common II was rebranded as RBC Plaza soon after. RBC Plaza now features a two story atrium with restaurants and boutique shops. 
On June 5, 2014, the parent company of Saks Fifth Avenue announced that its Minneapolis location would close in January 2015. In February 2015, Saks Fifth Avenue announced that it would be relocating Saks Off Fifth Minneapolis across the street to 33 South Sixth City Center on Nicollet Mall opening in April 2016.
In September 2015, Walgreens opened a marquee flagship on the south end of the mall on levels one and two. Also included on level two is North Memorial Health Clinic and Orthology Sports Medicine Clinic, both located on the skyway level.
In June 2016, the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities announced that it will move its downtown facilities and headquarters from LaSalle Plaza to the third, fourth and fifth levels. The new YMCA will feature a health club, pool, rooftop classes, along with a health driven café. It should be fully operational by mid 2018.
- "Common loon: Minnesota DNR". www.dnr.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- "TC Media Now: WCCO 6pm Report coverage of the Downtown Minneapolis Thanksgiving Fire November 26, 1982 Don Shelby, Pat Miles, Dave Nimmer". tcmedianow.com. Retrieved 2016-06-17.
- Moore, Janet. "Gaviidae will lose Neiman". www.startribune.com. StarTribune. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- Moore, Janet. "Gaviidae II to get a $3.8M face-lift". www.startribune.com. StarTribune. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- Moore, Janet. "Saks Off 5th store will close in downtown Minneapolis". www.startribune.com. StarTribune. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "United Properties buys Saks Off 5th space on Nicollet Mall; Walgreens to move in". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Gaviidae Common Images, Pictures from flickr