||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
Pretor-Pinney attended Westminster School, the University of Oxford, and Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design. He co-founded the magazine The Idler and founded the Cloud Appreciation Society in 2004. He grew up in West London and now also lives in Somerset.
Awards and honours
- The Cloudspotter's Guide (2006)
- The Cloud Collector's Handbook (2006)
- A Pig with Six Legs and Other Clouds (2007)
- The Wavewatcher's Companion (2010)
- The Ukulele Handbook (September 2013; Co-written with Tom Hodgkinson)
- "The Cloudspotter's Guide". Conville and Walsh.
- "Expert in idleness is surprise winner of science book prize", The Independent, 18 November 2011
- "The Wavewatcher’s Companion".
- "Daily Telegraph review". The Daily Telegraph (London). 13 June 2010.
- "Cloudspotting". BBC.
- "The Secret Life of Waves". BBC.
|This British biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|