|Member of Parliament|
for Belfast East
|Assumed office |
8 May 2015
|Preceded by||Naomi Long|
|Majority||8,474 (19.8 %)|
|57th Lord Mayor of Belfast|
|Preceded by||Niall Ó Donnghaile|
|Succeeded by||Máirtín Ó Muilleoir|
|Member of the Belfast City Council|
|Preceded by||Sammy Wilson|
|Succeeded by||Brian Kennedy|
Gavin James Robinson
22 November 1984
Belfast, Northern Ireland
|Political party||Democratic Unionist Party|
|Alma mater||Queen's University Belfast|
Gavin James Robinson (born 22 November 1984) is a Democratic Unionist Party politician from Belfast in Northern Ireland. A barrister by profession, he was Lord Mayor of Belfast in 2012–2013 and has been MP for Belfast East in the UK House of Commons since the 2015 general election.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Robinson is a lifelong East Belfast resident. Educated at Queen's University Belfast, he read Law and attained a Masters in Irish Politics before commencing practice as a barrister. Raised a Presbyterian, he currently attends the Church of Ireland. He is married. Gavin Robinson is unrelated to former DUP leader and Belfast East MP Peter Robinson.
Robinson was co-opted to Belfast City Council in March 2010 to replace Sammy Wilson representing the Pottinger electoral area of South and East Belfast. He was returned to the council as an alderman in the 2011 local elections and elected Lord Mayor by the council for the year beginning 1 June 2012. He was a member of the East Belfast District Policing and Community Safety Partnership subgroup and represented the council on the boards of the Ulster Orchestra and the 2013 World Police and Fire Games held in Belfast.
- "No. 61230". The London Gazette. 18 May 2015. p. 9128.
- "BBC News - DUP's Gavin Robinson is new Lord Mayor of Belfast". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Four Northern Ireland constituencies to watch". RTÉ.ie. 7 June 2017. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
Gavin Robinson (no relation of Peter’s)
- Staff. "Robinson is new Belfast Lord Mayor". Newsletter.co.uk. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Gavin Robinson at Belfast City Council
- Appearances on C-SPAN
Niall Ó Donnghaile
| Lord Mayor of Belfast
2012 – 2013
Máirtín Ó Muilleoir
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament
for Belfast East