||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Rabbi Gavriel Zinner (Tzinner, Cinner, Tsinner) is an Orthodox rabbi in Boro Park, New York City known for his series of books on Jewish law called 'Nitei Gavriel'. Zinner studied at the Puppa yeshiva and is a student of the Grand Rabbi Yosef Greenwald. He married the daughter of Rabbi Reuven Lintzer.
Zinner has authored over 30 volumes of the sefer Nitei Gavriel, on the entire spectrum of topics discussed in halachah. He Received hora’ah from Rabbi Yosef Grunwald of Puppa whom he interned with for over 20 years, he established connections with many Gedolim, among them Rabbi Yaakov Yitzchok Neiman, who was the Rav in the Belz Shul in Montreal. Zinner was close to the Debreciner Rabbi, Rabbi Shmuel Wosner, Rabbi Fishel Hershkowitz. In the many visits he made to Israel, he learned from Rabbi Shlomo Zalman Auerbach, He liked to talk with him in learning.
Zinner in psak of Jewish law he was mekabel to go according to the Shulchan Aruch HaRav written by the Baal HaTanya, This was passed on to his mentor from his father, and to him in turn from his father, the Arugas Habosem. He also has great admiration for the last Lubavitcher Rebbe.
- (English) Works by or about Gavriel Zinner in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Rabbi Zinner's books listed in the National Library of Israel
- "Weekly Freebies: Nitei Gavriel - - - - Torah Musings". 24 December 2011. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "R' Gavriel Zinner". Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- Rapaport, Yosef (17 April 2011). "Hamodia Interviews Noted Halacha Expert Rav Gavriel Zinner on 'Pesach'". Vosizneias. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- Ezagui, Yossi (7 June 2015). "Rabbi Zinner Keeps a Tradition". COLlive.com. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
|This Hasidic Judaism article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an American rabbi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|