Dr. Gawdat Gabra (born 1947) (Arabic: جودت جبرا) is a Coptologist; he finished his bachelor's degree in Egyptian Antiquities – Cairo University 1967 and PhD in Coptic Antiquities University of Münster – Germany 1978.
He is the author or the co-author, among other titles, of:
- Christianity and Monasticism in Upper Egypt: Akhmim and Sohag (Gabra and Takla 2008)
- The Churches of Egypt: From the Journey of the Holy Family to the Present Day (Gabra, Van Loon, and Sonbol 2007)
- The Treasures of Coptic Art in the Coptic Museum and Churches of Old Cairo (Alcock and Gabra 2007)
- Coptic Monasteries: Egypt's Monastic Art and Architecture (Gabra and Vivian 2002)
- Christian Egypt: Coptic Art and Monuments Through Two Millennia (Capuani, Meinardus, Rutschowscaya and Gabra 2002)
- Be Thou There: The Holy Family's Journey in Egypt (Gabra 2001)
Gabra also contributed the following articles to the Coptic Encyclopedia:
- "Saint Pisentius" (co-authored with C. Detlef G. Muller)
- "Patape" (co-authored with Rene-Georges Coquin)
- "Hajir Idfu"
- Dr. Gabra's page on the Coptic Museum site
- Dr. Gabra articles in the Coptic Encyclopedia
- Dr. Gabra's page on Ambilac Coptic Research site
- Books by Gawdat Gabra