|• MP||Robert Sebunya Kasule|
|Elevation||3,900 ft (1,200 m)|
Gayaza is the name of a township in Central Uganda.
Gayaza is situated in North Kyaddondo Constituency, Kyaddondo County, Wakiso District, in Central Uganda. The township is located approximately 3 kilometres (1.9 mi), northeast of Kasangati, on the road from Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city, to Ziroobwe, in Luweero District. This location lies approximately 20 kilometres (12 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala. The coordinates of the township are:00 26 57N, 32 36 42E (Latitude:0.4490; Longitude:32.6115).
In the early 20th century, Gayaza started out as a road junction, where the road to Gayaza High School branched off the Kampala-Kalagi Highway. Shops began to appear in the middle of the century when the Uganda Ministry of Agriculture opened an agricultural research center at Namulonge. Later, Makerere University opened a crop and animal farm at Kabanyolo to cater for the faculties of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine. Today, the township continues to grow and is continuous with the Kasangati, a short distance to the southeast.
The exact population of Gayaza township is not known at this time.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within within Gayaza township or close to its borders:
- Gayaza High School - A prestigious all-girls' boarding high school established in 1905.
- Gayaza-Ziroobwe Road- A 27 kilometres (17 mi) road that connects Gayaza to Ziroobwe in Luweero District
- Namulonge Agricultural and Animal Research Institute (NAARI) - An agricultural and veterinary research institute belonging to the Uganda Government.
- Makerere University Farm at Kabanyolo - An animal and crop farm belonging to Makerere University
- Kira Farm Training Center - A residential vocational training school situated on 22.5 acres (9.1 ha) of land.
- Gayaza Fresh Food Market
- A branch of Opportunity Bank Uganda - A Tier II Credit Institution