|From||Hora Svaté Kateřiny|
|Construction started||14 October 2010|
|Commissioned||14 January 2013|
|Length||166 km (103 mi)|
|Maximum discharge||33×109 m3/a (1.2×1012 cu ft/a)|
|Diameter||1,422 mm (56 in)|
The pipeline was officially opened on 14 January 2013.
The pipeline connects the north Bohemian town of Hora Svaté Kateřiny and Rozvadov/Waidhaus on the Czech–German border. These are natural gas border delivery stations by which Russian gas is transported from the Czech Republic to Germany. In north the Gazela pipeline is connected to the OPAL pipeline, a connection pipeline to Nord Stream.
There were three possible route options with the length from 166 to 235 kilometres (103 to 146 mi). It was decided to construct the pipeline in the 166 kilometres (103 mi) long route along the existing gas pipelines. The pipeline will divert from the existing pipelines only in the Mladotice–Chomutov section.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gazela Pipeline.|
- "RWE planning new Kc2.2bn gas pipeline in CR -- press". ČTK. Finanční noviny. 2009-03-05. ISSN 1213-4996. Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- "Construction of Gazela gas pipeline starts in north Bohemia". Prague Daily Monitor. ČTK. 2010-10-15. Archived from the original on 2010-11-27. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- "Czech Republic: PJSC Stroytransgaz to build Gazela pipeline". Polish News Bulletin. 2010-12-27. (subscription required). Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "PJSC Stroytransgaz to build Gazela pipeline for CZK 1.6bn". ČIA. 2010-12-27. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "New gas pipeline connecting to Nord Stream up and running". Czech Radio. 2013-01-14. Archived from the original on 2013-01-20. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- Markéta Hulpachová (2007-05-23). "RWE plans new pipeline". The Prague Post. Archived from the original on 2007-06-01. Retrieved 2007-11-24.
- Thomas Kleefuß (2007-11-07). "RWE plans new pipeline" (PDF). RWE Transgas. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-18. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Czech Environment Ministry okays RWE Transgas' plans for Gazela section of Nord Stream". Czech Republic and Slovakia Business Report Weekly. Goliath. Interfax. 2008-09-22. Retrieved 2009-11-10.