Gazini Christiana Jordi Ganados
December 26, 1995
|Alma mater||University of San Jose–Recoletos|
|Home town||Talisay, Cebu, Philippines|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Title||Miss Universe Philippines 2019|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Agency||Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc.|
|Miss World Philippines 2014 |
Binibining Pilipinas 2019
Gazini Christiana Jordi Ganados (born December 26, 1995) is a Filipino fashion model and beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2019 and will represent the Philippines at Miss Universe 2019.
Early life and education
Ganados was born in Dapitan City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines to a Filipino mother and a Palestinian father. She has never met her biological father and was raised by her maternal grandparents. Ganados moved to Talisay City, Cebu for her sixth grade and later earned a bachelor's degree in Tourism in 2018 at the University of San Jose–Recoletos in Cebu City.
Ganados joined Miss World Philippines 2014 and placed in the Top 13. On June 9, 2019, she competed in Binibining Pilipinas 2019 representing Talisay, Cebu and won the title of Miss Universe Philippines 2019. Ganados is the second Cebuana to win the Binibining Pilipinas Universe title aside from Pilar Pilapil who won in 1967. During her national costume competition, she wore a costume inspired by Queen Juana of Cebu (queen consort of Rajah Humabon) and the whole representation of Sinulog Festival in Cebu. In honour of her Middle Eastern roots, she chose to do a belly dance during the talent competition. As she is very close to her grandparents, her main advocacy during the competition is elderly care. Ganados was crowned by outgoing Miss Universe Philippines 2018 and Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray.
Ganados won the following special awards:
- Best in Long Gown
- Face of Binibini (Miss Photogenic)
During the question and answer portion of the national pageant, she was asked: "If you win the crown tonight, what can you do to get more women in the workplace?" She replied:
If I win the crown tonight, what I will do is to promote my advocacy. My advocacy is for us women to fight for our rights and for the [sic] elderly care and for us to be able to know that someone is loving and someone is pushing us to whatever ambitions that we have. We will be able to rise from our decisions to whatever dreams that we have, goals that we have, and we will achieve it because of those values, those wisdoms that they gave us.
- "Gazini Christiana Ganados". www.pageantplanet.com. Retrieved 2019-06-10.
- Altatis, Conan (9 June 2019). "Talisay, Cebu's Gazini Ganados is Miss Universe Philippines 2019". conandaily.com. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Does the new Miss Philippines have Arab roots?". Arab News. 11 June 2019. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Revealed: Arab roots of Philippines's new beauty queen". Gulf News. 11 June 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- "Meet Gazini Ganados: the half-Palestinian beauty queen crowned Miss Philippines 2019". The National (Abu Dhabi). 10 June 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- sashes, Author; scripts (11 May 2019). "Binibining Pilipinas 2019 Profile: Gazini Ganados". Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Gazini Ganados of Talisay, Cebu is Miss Universe Philippines 2019". GMA News Online. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- Rappler.com. "FULL LIST: Winners, Miss World Philippines 2014". Rappler. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Binibining Pilipinas 2019 - Pageant Planet". www.pageantplanet.com. Retrieved 2019-06-10.
- "Cebuana bets showcase national costumes for Bb. Pilipinas 2019". cebudailynews.inquirer.net. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- News, ABS-CBN. "Cebu's Gazini Ganados to represent PH in Miss Universe 2019". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss Universe Philippines