Gazipur Sadar Upazila
|• Total||446.38 km2 (172.35 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Sadar.gif Official Map of Gazipur Sadar|
Gazipur Sadar is located at. It has 116163 households and total area 446.38 km².
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Gazipur Sadar has a population of 588492. Males constitute 53.83% of the population, and females 46.17%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 322,434. Gazipur Sadar has an average literacy rate of 43.8% (7+ years), and the national average of 32.4% literate.
Gazipur Sadar Upazila Parishad located are near by Dhaka University of Engineering Technology (DUET).BIDC Road,Gazipur. Gazipur Sadar has 4 Unions, Ward 36 Mahallas/Villages
Unions are :
- Pirujali union
- Bhawalgor union
- Baria Union
- Mirzapur union
Recent results of the Gazipur Sadar Upazila Election elected:
- Chairman : Alhaj Principal Ezadur Rahman Milon
- Vice Chairman : Abu Taher Musullie
- Mohila Vice Chairman : Hasina Sarker
- Ahmed, Md Farid Uddin (2012). "Gazipur Sadar Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- "List of Institutions". Ministry of Education. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
|This Dhaka Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|