Gazole (community development block)
গাজোল সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Type||Community development block|
|• Total||513.73 km2 (198.35 sq mi)|
|• Density||570/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Maldaha Uttar|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Gazole|
Gazole (community development block) (also spelt Gajol) is an administrative division in Malda Sadar subdivision of Malda district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Gazole police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Gazole. There is a Bengali Band named "NH34" in Gazole. Their website is nh34.tk.
Gazole is located at.
The ruins of the historic city Pandua are located in Gazole block and also naturally growing a forest which called Adina Forest (It is a Deer Partk).
Gazole is an intermediate panchayat in Malda district. Village panchayats under it are –
- Bairagachi I & II
- Gazole I & II
- Raniganj I & II
Gazole is a very beautiful village. Gazole will become a municitipality very soon. But the villages of Gajol particularly populated by Rajbangshi, Poliya Deshia and Santal are highly neglected because these communities are simple, honest and introvert.
As per 2011 Census of India Gazole CD Block had a total population of 343,830 of which 332,191 were rural and 11,639 were urban. There were 174,536 males and 169,294 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 128,464 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 68,548.
Gajole is mostly populated by Rajbanshi community and Santal tribes. But they live in the villages. The proper Gajole area is populated by other castes. Presently very few family of these community have access to proper Gajole. It is a matter of concern. Because earlier history shows that Gajole was mainly populated by Rajbangshi and Santal but development has not reached to those people
|GP WISE POPULATION OF GAZOLE BLOCK (2001 CENSUS)|
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Gazole CD Block was 189,014 out of which 106,217 were males and 82,797 were females.
- Gazole Mahavidyalaya
- Adarshabani Teacher's Training College
- Pandua Ideal Teacher's College
- North Malda Teacher's Education College
- David Hare Teacher's Training College
- Pandua A.K. High School
- Gajol H.N.M. High School
- Shyam Sukhi Balika Siksha Niketan
- Moyna High School
- Amsole High School
- Hatimari High School
- Ram Chandra Saha Balika Vidyalaya
- Swechand Parameswari Vidyamandir
- Chandrabati Saha Vidyapith
- Tarikullah Sarkar High School
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Malda district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Gazole at a Glance". Maldah District. District administration. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 21 September 2015.