Gazprom Space Systems
Gascom currently operates the Yamal telecommunication satellites, initially designed and built jointly with the Energia space corporation. The satellites are used to transmit over 60 Russian and foreign television channels, and are also used by the Defense, Nuclear Energy, and Education Ministries. The gas company Gazprom accounts for 17% of the use of Gascom's services. Government structures use 10%, corporate and commercial service providers 51%, and commercial television companies 22%.
Gascom experienced high growth rates in the early XXI century, with annual revenues growing from $5.5 million in 2000 to £32.6 million in 2005 and $83.7 million in 2008.
- Gazprom – Russian gas giant and corporate parent of Gazprom Space Systems.
- Yamal – The communication constellation that Gazprom Space Systems owns and operates.
- United Rocket and Space Corporation
- "Gascom To Launch 4 Smotr Low-Orbit Remote Sensing Satellites". Space Mart. 2007-02-08. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Gascom revenue 2000-2008". Gazcom. 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-01.[dead link]
- "History". Gascom. Retrieved 2009-07-01.