|This article does not cite any sources. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|District||Port Loko District|
|Time zone||GMT (UTC-5)|
Gbinti is a rural town in Dibia chiefdom , Port Loko District in the Northern Province of Sierra Leone. The town is the chieftaincy seat of Dibia chiefdom. Gbinti lies about 20 miles from the district capital Port Loko and approximately 52 miles from Freetown.
The population of Gbinti is almost entirely muslim at Over 90%.. Gbinti has a number of primary school and one secondary school called the Gbinti Secondary School. There is one police station in the town run by the Sierra Leone Police Port Loko District Division.
Notable people born or descendant from Gbinti
- Abass Bundu, Sierra Leonean politician and diplomat
- Amadu Wurie, early Sierra Leonean educationist and politician
- Ibrahim Bundu, Sierra Leonean politician
- Rashid Wurie, former Sierra Leonean international footballer
- Tapsiru Dainkeh, Director Banking Supervision, Bank of Sierra Leone