王戈 (Wáng Gē)
|Thesis||The ChucK Audio Programming Language (2008)|
|Doctoral advisor||Perry R. Cook|
Ge Wang (born November 2, 1977) is a Chinese American musician, computer scientist, designer, author, and professor, known for inventing the ChucK audio programming language and for being the co-founder, chief technology officer (CTO), and chief creative officer (CCO) of Smule, a company making iPhone and iPad music apps. He also helped create the Princeton Laptop Orchestra and later founded its Stanford counterpart Stanford Laptop Orchestra, as well as the Stanford Mobile Phone Orchestra. Wang is the designer of the Ocarina and Magic Piano iPhone apps. Wang is currently an Associate Professor at Stanford University’s Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA). Wang is the author of Artful Design: Technology in Search of the Sublime (A MusiComic Manifesto), a book on design and technology, art and life, created entirely in the format of a photo-realistic comic book, published by Stanford University Press in 2018.
- Wang, Ge (2008). The ChucK Audio Programming Language: A Strongly-timed and On-the-fly Environ/mentality (Ph.D.). Princeton University.
- "Ge Wang: The iPhone's Music Man – IEEE Spectrum". Spectrum.ieee.org. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Greenemeier, Larry. "Is That Ocarina Music Coming from Your iPhone?". Scientific American. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Cain, Claire (December 9, 2009). "From Pocket to Stage, Music in the Key of iPhone". The New York Times. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Walker, Rob (November 23, 2011). "The Machine That Makes You Musical". The New York Times Magazine. Retrieved June 6, 2015.
- Graham, Jefferson (November 10, 2010). "Smule adds Magic Fiddle to its Ocarina and Magic Piano apps". USA Today. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Laptop maestro makes music apt for the iPhone, The Sydney Morning Herald
- "Stanford Laptop Orchestra makes music with Macs – SFGate". Articles.sfgate.com. June 1, 2010. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Wang, Ge (2014). "Ocarina: Designing the iPhone's Magic Flute". Computer Music Journal. MIT Press. 38 (2): 8–21. doi:10.1162/COMJ_a_00236. Retrieved June 6, 2015.
- Wang, Ge (2018). Artful Design: Technology in Search of the Sublime (A MusiComic Manifesto). Stanford University Press. p. 488. ISBN 978-1-5036-0052-2.
- Official Website
- ChucK Music Programming Language
- Stanford Laptop Orchestra
- TED talk: "The DIY Orchestra of the Future"
- Book: Artful Design: Technology in Search of the Sublime (A MusiComic Manifesto)
|This article about an American musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|