|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
As of February 2016, it had 120 stores in France.
Géant was opened its first hypermarket in 1970. In Dec 2015, Géant Casino had about 142 hypermarkets all over the world. The concept is, like most hypermarkets, to have all kinds of items available under one roof. A loyalty card system has been introduced by Géant, with a price discount on certain groceries. There are over two million Géant card-holders.
Géant in different parts of the world
|United Arab Emirates||2005||9|
Fu-Com joined with Groupe Casino to bring the Géant hypermarket brand to the Middle-East where Géant opened its first store in Bahrain May 2001. A store was opened in Dubai in 2005 and one in Abu Dhabi in 2015 at Yas Mall. In Qatar, Groupe Casino joined with local supermarket chain Al Meera to open a hypermarket in Hyatt Plaza, and to sell Casino products in Al Meera stores.
- Lebanon: Géant had one hypermarket in Lebanon which was bought in late 2008 by Sultan Trading Center and replaced by TSC mega.
- Poland: Géant had nineteen hypermarkets in Poland, which were sold in late 2007 and early 2008 to the German company Metro AG and replaced with Real.
- Republic of China: Géant had several hypermarket locations in Taiwan in a joint venture with a Taiwanese company. After Géant pulled out of the country, the existing hypermarkets were renamed a.mart.
- Saudi Arabia: Géant operated several hypermarkets in the kingdom until 2009 when it was sold to the rival Hyper Panda by the local franchisee partner of Géant France.
|1970 - 1992||1992 - 2007
(still used in Uruguay and Bahrain)
|2007 - present|
- Géant Casino website: List of stores. Retrieved 12 April 2014
- Adam Jones, Elizabeth Rigby and Lucy Killgren, "Casino to sell Polish stores in deals worth €884m", Financial Times, 18 July 2006
- Metro AG: "METRO Group strengthens hypermarket business in Poland", Press release, 17 July 2006