|Original author(s)||Enrico Tröger|
|Initial release||October 19, 2005|
1.29 / November 14, 2016
|Written in||C, C++|
|Size||14 MB (Windows)|
|License||GNU GPL v2 or later|
It is free software licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL version 2 or later. After version 0.21 the next version was numbered 1.22 as requested by many users to reflect the maturity of the product.
- Multiple document support
- Simple project management
- Syntax highlighting
- Code folding (partially)
- Symbol lists
- Code navigation
- Embedded terminal emulator
- Build system to compile and execute code using external tools
- Extensible via plugins
- Column / block / vertical select (via SHIFT + CTRL + arrow keys)
- User configurable keyboard action to editor function mapping
- "geany/geany: A fast and lightweight IDE". GitHub. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- "GNU General Public License : Version 2, June 1991". Geany.svn.sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Fast, powerful Geany editor offers IDE features". Linux.com. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "geany.darwinports.com". geany.darwinports.com. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "geany.org". geany.org. Retrieved 2016-11-16.
- "Geany : All Filetypes". Geany. Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- "Geany news archive".
Many users told us our version numbers didn't reflect the maturity of Geany to their eyes, and wished it to be changed to reflect that. So after some discussion we decided to rename this version 1.22 instead of 0.22.
- "Freelancer's Playground! | Using Geany's VTE". Bayu.freelancer.web.id. 2008-08-26. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
Media related to Geany at Wikimedia Commons
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This programming-tool-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|