|Original author(s)||Enrico Tröger|
|Initial release||October 19, 2005|
1.37.1 / November 8, 2020
|Written in||C, C++|
|Size||14 MB (Windows)|
It is free software licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL version 2 or later. In 2012, the version number was increased to 1.22 from 0.21 to reflect the maturity of the product, as requested by many users. Version 1.29 is based by GTK+ 3.22. Version 1.36 is based by GTK+ 3.24.14. Version 1.37.1 is last Version with GTK+ 2.24 support.
- Bookmarks (called markers)
- Multiple document support
- Simple project management
- Syntax highlighting
- Code folding (partially)
- Symbol lists
- Code navigation
- Embedded terminal emulator
- Build system to compile and execute code using external tools
- Extensible via plugins
- Column / block / vertical select (via Shift + Ctrl + arrow keys)
- User configurable keyboard action to editor function mapping
- "geany/geany: A fast and lightweight IDE". GitHub. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- "geany/README at master · geany/geany · GitHub". github.com/geany/geany. Archived from the original on 2021-06-22. Retrieved 2021-06-22.
- "Geany's FAQ: How do you pronounce Geany?".
- "Fast, powerful Geany editor offers IDE features". Linux.com. Archived from the original on 2009-02-08. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "geany.darwinports.com". geany.darwinports.com. Archived from the original on 2010-02-16. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Running Geany on Windows". Geany. Retrieved 2020-01-01.
- "Supported Filetypes". Geany. Retrieved 2020-01-01.
- "Notepad++ and Scintilla". Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- "Geany news archive".
Many users told us our version numbers didn't reflect the maturity of Geany to their eyes, and wished it to be changed to reflect that. So after some discussion we decided to rename this version 1.22 instead of 0.22.
- "Freelancer's Playground! | Using Geany's VTE". bayu.freelancer.web.id. 2008-08-26. Archived from the original on 2011-09-10. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
Media related to Geany at Wikimedia Commons