|Publisher(s)||Xbox Game Studios|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS|
|Release||August 22, 2019|
Gears Pop! is a mobile real-time strategy video game in which two players battle using Funko Pop-stylized characters from the Gears of War fictional universe. Its gameplay is modeled on that of Clash Royale. The game released in August 2019 on Android, iOS, and Windows platforms, about a month in advance of the next major entry in the series, Gears 5. The game was developed by UK-based developer Mediatonic.
In Gears Pop, two players battle by playing tokens on a playfield, which spawn Funko Pop-stylized characters from the Gears of War fictional universe. The characters use cover points to advance on the enemy's two defense turrets and home base before the opponent accomplishes the same. Apart from its cover mechanics, its gameplay heavily resembles that of Clash Royale.
Within a week of launch, Gears Pop had over one million users.
- Batchelor, James (January 21, 2019). "How Mediatonic is bringing Gears of War to mobile". Gameindustry.biz. Retrieved September 16, 2019.
- Grubb, Jeff (August 23, 2019). "Gears Pop is Clash Royale with cover mechanics". VentureBeat. Retrieved September 3, 2019.
- O'Connor, James (August 20, 2019). "Gears Pop! Releases August 22, And Will Offer 1000 Gamerscore - Here's The Achievement List". GameSpot. Retrieved September 3, 2019.
- Bankhurst, Adam (August 22, 2019). "Gears POP! Gameplay Showcases Marcus Fenix, Cole Train, and Chainsaws - IGN". IGN. Retrieved September 3, 2019.
- "Gears Pop! Critic Reviews for iOS". Metacritic. Retrieved November 6, 2019.
- Winslow, Jeremy (August 29, 2019). "The New Funko-Themed Gears Pop Game Is Off To A Strong Start". GameSpot. Retrieved September 3, 2019.
|This video game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|