Lunar Orbiter 4 image
|Colongitude||346° at sunrise|
Geber is a lunar impact crater that is located in the rugged south-central highlands of the Moon. It lies half way between the crater Almanon to the north-northeast and the crater pair of Azophi and Abenezra to the south-southwest. Farther to the southeast is Sacrobosco. Geber is 45 kilometers in diameter and 3,510 meters deep.
The rim of Geber is symmetrical and nearly circular, with only minor indentations at the north and south faces of its high, terraced wall. The floor is flat and lacks a significant central peak at the midpoint. The small satellite crater Geber B is attached to the northwest rim. Geber is from the Nectarian period.
By convention these features are identified on lunar maps by placing the letter on the side of the crater midpoint that is closest to Geber.
|A||21.8° S||14.7° E||14 km|
|B||19.0° S||13.0° E||19 km|
|C||22.1° S||14.9° E||11 km|
|D||19.3° S||11.9° E||5 km|
|E||20.5° S||12.9° E||6 km|
|F||19.9° S||13.2° E||5 km|
|H||17.9° S||12.5° E||4 km|
|J||20.0° S||15.9° E||4 km|
|K||17.5° S||10.6° E||5 km|
- Autostar Suite Astronomer Edition. CD-ROM. Meade, April 2006.
- Rükl, Antonín (1990). Atlas of the Moon. Kalmbach Books. ISBN 0-913135-17-8.
- Moore, Patrick (2001). On the Moon. Sterling Publishing Co.. ISBN 0-304-35469-4.
- Stratigraphy of Lunar Craters, Don E. Wilhelms and Charles J. Byrne, January 23, 2009, Table 2.1
- "Planetary Names: Crater, craters: Geber on Moon". Gazetteer of Planetary Nomenclature. International Astronomical Union. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- Bussey, B.; Spudis, P. (2004). The Clementine Atlas of the Moon. New York: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-81528-2.