Gebo and the Shadow
|Gebo and the Shadow|
|Directed by||Manoel de Oliveira|
|Produced by||Antoine de Clermont-Tonnerre|
Martine de Clermont-Tonnerre
|Written by||Manoel de Oliveira|
Raul Brandão (play)
|Edited by||Valérie Loiseleux|
Gebo and the Shadow (Portuguese: O Gebo e a Sombra, French: Gebo et l'Ombre) is a 2012 Portuguese-French drama film directed by Manoel de Oliveira. It is based on a play by Raul Brandão. It was shown at the 69th Venice International Film Festival. The film received a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
It was the final feature film directed by de Oliveira, who was 104 years of age when the film was released, and the last film appearance of Jeanne Moreau before her death on 31 July 2017.
- Claudia Cardinale as Doroteia
- Jeanne Moreau as Candidinha
- Michael Lonsdale as Gebo
- Leonor Silveira as Sofia
- Ricardo Trêpa as João
- Luís Miguel Cintra as Chamiço
- Jorge Leitão Ramos (6 September 2012). ""O gebo e a sombra": obra-prima". expresso.sapo.pt (in Portuguese). Impresa. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Manoel de Oliveira filma "O Gebo e a Sombra"". TVI 24 (in Portuguese). TVI. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- Ana Dias Cordeiro (16 July 2012). "Manoel de Oliveira passa dos cuidados intensivos para os intermédios". Público (in Portuguese). Sonae.com. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Gebo and the Shadow". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
|This article related to a Portuguese film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|