Gebo and the Shadow
|Gebo and the Shadow|
|Directed by||Manoel de Oliveira|
|Produced by||Antoine de Clermont-Tonnerre
Martine de Clermont-Tonnerre
|Written by||Manoel de Oliveira
Raul Brandão (play)
|Edited by||Valérie Loiseleux|
Gebo and the Shadow (Portuguese: O Gebo e a Sombra, French: Gebo et l'Ombre) is a 2012 Portuguese-French drama film directed by Manoel de Oliveira. It is based on a play by Raul Brandão. It was shown at the 69th Venice International Film Festival. The film received a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
It was the final feature film directed by de Oliveira, who was 104 years of age when the film was released.
- Claudia Cardinale as Doroteia
- Jeanne Moreau as Candidinha
- Michael Lonsdale as Gebo
- Leonor Silveira as Sofia
- Ricardo Trêpa as João
- Luís Miguel Cintra as Chamiço
- Jorge Leitão Ramos (6 September 2012). ""O gebo e a sombra": obra-prima". expresso.sapo.pt (in Portuguese). Impresa. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Manoel de Oliveira filma "O Gebo e a Sombra"". TVI 24 (in Portuguese). TVI. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- Ana Dias Cordeiro (16 July 2012). "Manoel de Oliveira passa dos cuidados intensivos para os intermédios". Público (in Portuguese). Sonae.com. Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- "Gebo and the Shadow". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
|This article related to a Portuguese film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|