GeekChicDaily (Founded October, 2009) was a multi-platform publisher of pop culture based newsletters, founded by Peter Levin and Gareb Shamus and operated by CEO Peter Levin.
The cross-platform publisher currently has 3 newsletter publications, GeekChicDaily, GeekChic Los Angeles and GeekChicNYC. The targets for the newsletters are socially active consumers of genre fare.
CEO Peter Levin and Gareb Shamus launched GeekChicDaily with Peter Guber and other advisors in October, 2009. The company launched GeekChic Los Angeles, a regional version of the newsletter, in April 2011. GeekChicNYC was later added in August 2011. The offices are based out of Santa Monica, California.
Comedian Chris Hardwick's Nerdist Industries, entered into an equity partnership with GeekChicDaily in June 2011. Nerdist Industries operates a podcast network, including the flagship Nerdist Podcast, Nerdist Blog and NerdMelt theater at Meltdown Comics in Los Angeles. On the Nerdist Blog, Hardwick stated that "Peter Levin, founder of GeekChicDaily, will take over the business-y parts of the growing Nerdist tentacles."
In February 2012, GeekChicDaily fully merged with Nerdist Industries and became Nerdist News. 
- Graser, Marc (2009-10-16). "GeekChicDaily Set to Launch". Variety. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- "GeekChicDaily Pop Culture Newsletter Launches Los Angeles Edition" (Press release). BusinessWire. 14 April 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- Tatara, Peter. "GeekChicNYC Launches Tomorrow". 31 July 2011. Medium At Large. Archived from the original on 5 November 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- Finke, Nikki. "Nerds And Geeks Unite In MultiPlatform Deal". Deadline. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- Graser, Marc (6 June 2011). "Nerdist, GeekChic team up". Variety. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- Hardwick, Chris. "Nerd and Geeks Unite". The Nerdist. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- Hardwick, Chris. "Nerd and Geeks Unite". The Nerdist. Retrieved 27 February 2012.