Type of site
|Technology news and analysis|
|Created by||Todd Bishop, John Cook|
|Alexa rank||6722 (US, August 2019)|
|Launched||March 7, 2011|
GeekWire is an American technology news website that covers startups and established technology companies. The site launched in March 2011 and is based in Seattle. It was founded by veteran journalists Todd Bishop and John Cook with investment from Jonathan Sposato.
GeekWire founders John Cook and Todd Bishop were former technology reporters at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and the Puget Sound Business Journal. Bishop and Cook joined the Puget Sound Business Journal to create TechFlash in September 2008, leaving to start GeekWire on March 7, 2011.
- "Seattle tech news mainstays launch GeekWire website". SeattlePI. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- "Sposato Invests in GeekWire". Xconomy. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "GeekWire profitable after only two years". Jornalism that matters. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Gone in a Flash: Seattle Tech Bloggers Abruptly Leave Business Journal for All-New GeekWire". AllThingsD. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- "TechFlash Duo, Todd Bishop and John Cook, Quit PSBJ to Start New Site, GeekWire". Xconomy. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Techmeme Leaderboard". Techmeme. Retrieved 28 March 2015.