|Full name||Geelong Soccer and Sports Club|
|Ground||Stead Park, Norlane|
|League||State League 2 Nth-West|
Geelong Soccer Club is a sports club in Geelong, Australia founded in the 1950s. It currently competes in the Victorian State League Division 1 North-West, the third tier of football in Victoria, Australia. Geelong SC plays out of Stead Park in Norlane, Victoria and is backed by the local Macedonian Australian community.
The Geelong Soccer and Sports Club was established in the early 1950s by a group of migrants from Macedonia as a way of playing soccer and socialising.
Not long after the club was established, it began competing in the local Geelong and Ballarat Soccer League where it experienced much success. In the early seventies the club was promoted to the Victorian Provisional League and later gained promotion to the Victorian State League.
The most recent significance in the club’s history was achieved in 1994 when the club merged with the East Geelong Soccer and Sports Club.
Since season 1968 the club has won 8 premierships. The premierships were won in the following seasons: 1968 – 1969 – 1970 – 1976 – 1980 – 1988 – 1996 – 1998.
Geelong had a strong second half of the season in 2015, but the poor first couple of months meant that the ambitious outfit had to settle for 6th place in State League 2 North-West. In the 2015 FFA Cup preliminary rounds, Geelong beat Waverley Wanderers 5–0, Hoppers Crossing 3–1 and Westgate FC 3–1 to progress to the fifth qualifying round. There, they met National Premier Leagues Victoria powerhouse Hume City FC, going down 4–0 at John Ilhan Memorial Reserve.
Geelong went on a heavy recruiting spree to aid its push for promotion in season 2016. Players signed included former A-League player İsyan Erdogan, Victorian top-flight experienced Ross Harvey, Brodie Paterson, Craig Sweeney, Kingston City FC 2015 top goalscorer Sean McIlroy and former Chile youth goalkeeper Carlos Espinoza|. Later in the season, Geelong also signed former A-League player Nick Kalmar. With the star-studded squad, Geelong won the State 2 North-West title and subsequent promotion to State League 1 North-West for 2017. After the conclusion of the 2016 season, Steve Laurie left his position as head coach of the club.
Geelong appointed former Avondale FC coach Fabrizio Soncin as the club's new senior head coach, but the association ended after just one round of the 2017 season, wiith Soncin resigning "by mutual agreement with the board".
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Victorian State League Division 1 N/W 2017–
- Victorian State League Division 2 N/W 2014–2016
- Victorian State League Division 3 N/W 2012–2013
- Victorian State League Division 2 N/W 2011
- Victorian State League Division 3 N/W 2006–2010
- Victorian State League Division 2 N/W 2000–2005
- Victorian State League Division 2 1999
- Victorian State League Division 3 1997–1998
- Victorian State League Division 4 1994–1996
- Victorian State League Division 3 1992–1993
- Victorian State League Division 2 1991
Geelong SC has a sister-club relationship with Preston Lions FC.
- Reynolds, Ryan. "Key signings have Geelong soccer coach in buoyant mood". Geelong Advertiser. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- Reynolds, Ryan. "Geelong lures former Adelaide United defender Izzy Erdogan to Stead Park". Geelong Advertiser. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- "NPL miss out on former City man Kalmar". The Corner Flag. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Parting Ways". Geelong SC. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Reynolds, Ryan. "Geelong eyes NPL after snaring highly credentialed coach Fabrizio Soncin". Geelong Advertiser. Retrieved 5 November 2016.