Geet (1992 film)
|Directed by||Parto Ghosh|
|Produced by||Nilima Paul|
|20 November 1992|
Geet (English - Song) is a 1992 Bollywood Hindi film released on 20 November 1992 starring Divya Bharti and Avinash Wadhawan in lead roles. Shakti Kapoor, Laxmikant Berde and Dharmesh Tiwari play supporting roles.
Rajesh Tripathi (Avinash Wadhawan) lives a poor lifestyle in a village in India along with his widower dad, Shivshankar. He leaves his father so that he can study in Bombay. While there, he becomes a fan of singer and dancer, Neha (Divya Bharti), and even paints hoardings for her shows. During the holidays, he returns home to his village and gets a surprise when he finds that Neha has also re-located there. His overtures to become friendly with her end up in getting the police involved for alleged molestation.
After clearing his name, Neha then entraps him to accompany her to an isolated shack and locks him there, which almost kills him. After this incident, Neha does accept his friendship and confides in him that she can never sing as she has been poisoned by her former manager, Hari Saxena (Shakti Kapoor), so much so that her vocal cords have been damaged beyond repair. Rajesh accepts the challenge and sets about to resurrect Neha's voice and her career - not knowing that both of them may end up being targets of Hari - who has planned a devious ending for Neha and anyone who supports her.
- Avinash Wadhavan... Rajesh "Raja" S. Tripathi
- Divya Bharti... Neha
- Laxmikant Berde... Pandey
- Anil Dhawan... Doctor
- Shakti Kapoor... Hari Saxena
Producer: Neelima Paul
The music of the album is composed by Bappi Lahiri and notable singers Lata Mangeshkar, Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Mohammed Aziz and Pakistani singer Reshma lent their voice in the album. The song "Aap Jo Mere Meet Naa Hote" & "Prem Patra Aaya Hai Usne Bulaya Hai" were popular.
- "Aap Jo Mere Meet Naa Hote" - Lata Mangeshkar
- "Huwa Kya Kasur Mujhse Rehte Ho Dur Mujhse" - Reshma
- "Jo Dil Se Nikle Woh Hai Geet" - Alka Yagnik
- "O Piyaa, Huaa Kyaa Kasur Mujhase" - Reshma
- "Prem Patra Aaya Hai Usne Bulaya Hai" - Kumar Sanu
- "Aankho Me Basa Lu To" - Kavita Krishnamurthy, Mohammed Aziz
- "Sarpe Gam Gam" - Alka Yagnik
- "Tere Sur Mein Main Gau" - Dev Ashish, Alka Yagnik
- "Tujh Se Mujhe Pyar Tha" - Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|