Geetanjali Shree गीताजंली क्ष्री (She was known as Geentanjali Pandey, and she took her mother's first name Shree as her last name ) (born 1957) is a Hindi novelist and short story writer based in New Delhi, India. She is the author of several short stories and three novels. Mai was short listed for the Crossword Book Award in 2001. She has also written a critical work on Premchand.
Geetanjali was brought up in various towns of Uttar Pradesh, as her father was a Civil Servant. She claims that it is this upbringing in UP, along with the lack of children's books in English that gave her a rich connection to Hindi.
The English translation of her novel Mai catapulted her into fame. The novel is about three generations of women and the men around them, in a North Indian middle-class family. Mai is translated into Serbian, Korean and German. It has been translated into English by Nita Kumar, who was awarded the Sahitya Akademi award for the translation. It has been also translated into Urdu by Bashir Unwan with preface by Intizar Hussain. Furthermore, it has been translated into other languages: into French by Annie Montaut, into German by Reinhold Schein...
- Between Two Worlds: An Intellectual Biography of Premchand 
- Premchand and Industrialism: A Study in Attitudinal Ambivalence', The Indian Economic and Social History Review, XIX(2), 1982 
- Premchand and the Peasantry: Constrained Radicalism, Economic and Political Weekly, XVIII(26), 25 June 1983.
- The North Indian Intelligentsia and the Hindu-Muslim Question 
Awards & others
Geetanjali Shree is the recipient of the Indu Sharma award  and has been a fellow of Ministry of Culture, India, and Japan Foundation. She also participates in theater and works with Vivadi, a theater group comprising writers, artists, dancers, and painters.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Geetanjali Shree.|
- 'I'm Waiting To Write The Book Which Will Slip Out Of My Grasp' Interview with Geetanjali Shree in Outlook India
- Bent Over Backwards excerpts from Mai - Outlook India
- Mai: A Novel Google Books
- The past is ever present, realized by us in bits: An interview with Geetanjali Shree Deep Blue Ink
- Between Two Worlds Google Books
- The Indian Economic and Social History Review, XIX(2), 1982 Sage Publications
- ICSSR journal of abstracts and reviews Google Books
- The North Indian Intelligentsia and the Hindu-Muslim Question Bibliography of Asian studies