Giuseppe Giovanni Gatt
December 4, 1978
|Education||Doctoral Degree in Law|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, IT lawyer|
|Known for||EBO, Beacon Media Group|
Gege Gatt (born December 4, 1978) is an entrepreneur, businessperson and an IT lawyer from Malta. He is known for being the co-founder and CEO of EBO, an Artificial Intelligence (AI) company and the Chairman of Beacon Media Group. He is also the director of ICON, a software development company, and a Board Member of the Malta IT Law Association.
Early life and education
Gatt is the CEO of EBO, a technology and AI company that helps enterprises automate customer engagement. In June 2020, EBO collaborated with BMIT Technologies PLC to provide AI-driven customer engagement tools and subsequently received Series A investment from them. EBO has partnered with KPMG to provide AI services in technology advisory, and has also collaborated with UK’s NHS for healthcare technology services.
Gatt served as Chairman of Beacon Media Group from 2019 till 2021. Under his leadership, the media group has seen increase in number of users, page views, sessions and weekday audiences throughout Newsbook, the online news publication and 103 Malta’s Heart, the national radio station.
He is also the director of ICON, a software development firm.
- Agile. Perspectives on Malta’s economy post COVID-19 (PDF). ISBN 978-99957-1-723-0.
- Navigating the Maltese Mediascape. ISBN 9789995750732.
- "CEO of the Week: Gege Gatt, CEO of EBO". maltaprofile.info.
- Staff (23 May 2021). "'People don't work for a company, they work for a leader' – Gege Gatt". MaltaCEOs.mt.
- Staff (June 5, 2020). "Strategic partnership announced between EBO.ai and BMIT Technologies". Times of Malta.
- Staff (December 6, 2020). "BMIT Technologies plc acquires stake in EBO Ltd". Times of Malta.
- "EBO, KPMG Cyprus announce strategic partnership". Times of Malta. May 1, 2022.
- "EBO registers successful AI project with UK's NHS". Times of Malta. January 16, 2022.
- Balzan, Jurgen (24 October 2021). "'Newsbook has been somewhat of a miracle'". Newsbook.
- Pace, Yannick (11 September 2017). "Cybersecurity: Lack of specific legislation makes digital environment 'less secure'". MaltaToday.com.mt.